1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make a 2nd copy of a previously copied Movie

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by DougStrou, Dec 11, 2004.

1. DougStrou

DougStrou Guest

I want to burn a 2nd copy of a previously copied movie. Can I place a blank DVD in the drive and start a second session without the original disk? If so, can someone give me the down and dirty of how to perform this function?

Gracias'

Doug

2. DougStrou

DougStrou Guest

I think I have figured it out. I was getting a little confused when it wanted to write to the HD. But I am letting it write the temporary files to another location underneath the original folder. I hope this is correct and works. I will post back if it does.
    If anyone is looking how to perform this section, the help files on doom9 website answer how to perform this.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm

3. DougStrou

DougStrou Guest

Yep, that was the ticket. Shrink just needs to put some temporary files while it is writing to the disk. I created a new folder inside the folder of the movie I was re-copying. Then just hit back-up and off to the races.

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You don't even need to go through DVDShrink again to make your copy of a backup copy. Once decrypted, they are just files that can be copied to a DVD directly, but in the DVD structure of VIDEO_TS (and AUDIO_TS which is optional). I usually use Nero to do this. Select 'DVD Video' and it will create the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders for you. Then drag all the source files into these directories. What I like about this method is that Nero will check all your files to see if it complies with the DVD format).
    BTW, thanks to Scuba Pete for letting me know that you can just copy DVDXCopy-made copies. For the longest time, I thought the DVDXCopy backups were still encrypted because they said on their wwebsite that you cannot use DVDXCopy to make a copy of a backup made with DVDXCopy. But why would you even need to use DVDXCopy again if the backup is already decrypted? No wonder they lost in court. ;)

5. laplink4

laplink4 Guest

Yes nero is great for copying you disk,also if you used shrink to copy your files to a folder on your hard drive you can use Pinnacle instant copy to burn another disk also,it just use`s the VIDEO_TS IFO FILE(6kb) to burn it.i usd it for trouble movies that would not copy over again(BOURNE SUPREMACY)

6. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Or you can use dvd shrink to encode the movie to a folder to your desktop,convert to ISO and burn with dvd decrypter. In dvd decrypter,first go to Tools-Settings-ISO write mode and make sure delete copy when done is unchecked. Make sure under MODE that ISO write is checked. Close the program and start dvd shrink. Encode the movie to a folder on your desktop and when you hit backup, use dvd decrypter to burn feature which will convert the files to ISO and burn your movie. Since you didn't delete the copy , in decrypter go to files,browse to the folder and double tick ,click open and click the dvd disk symbol to burn another copy, then another and another...Remember to manually delete the movie from the folder when you are done with it. An average movie feature will take about 14 1/2 minutes to burn at 4X. Just keep reloading blank media and click click burn.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Iffin I may,

Since the DVD is no longer encrypted and is the correct size (since it's already been compressed) - all you need to do it is DVD Decrypter - Mode, ISO, Read then Change to Mode, ISO, Write an it's done and done.

If you need to make the simplier even more simplier - Then here's a ScubaPete Guide to help you -

Here's the "Uncle" ScubaPete's, can't miss, step-by-step guide to using DVD Decrypter -

HINT:
    I always create a folder on my Desktop named " All DVD Work" and before ripping my DVD's I create another sub-folder with the name of the movie I'm backing up. (i.e. C:\All DVD Work\The last Samurai Kills Bill gets Eaten Alive.)

Next - you need to download this:
    (Get your DVD Decrypter's newest version here - )
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Place your original DVD in the drive tray and close tray.

To do the backup with DVD Decrypter it's best to do it in the ISO image mode. First go to "Mode" then "ISO," then select "Read." Where it says "Source," select the drive containing your original DVD. Hopefully, this drive is your DVD-ROM drive. Using your burner to read a disc is hard on the drive. The constant starting and stopping of the drive can cause over-heating and can prematurely wear your burner out. If you have just the one drive, there's not much you can do but use it. Where it says "Destination," Browse until you find your pre-made folder (C:\All DVD Work\The last Samurai Kills Bill gets Eaten Alive) and select that. Now "Click" the Disc-to-HD icon.
    Me, I'm headed out to get a cup of coffee and a cigarette but I should be back 'bout the time the ripping is done, . . . .
    When the "Reading sound" signals that the job is complete, remove your original DVD and insert your *blank DVD.

Alright, I'm back, and you didn't think I'd make it . . .Now back you go to "Mode," then "ISO" and then choose "Write". Now we go to "Source" and locate our folder where our ISO and mds file resides. Choose mds. Then, let's head to "Destination" and select our burning drive where our blank DVD disc awaits. Lastly, we "Click" the HD to disc icon
    and,
    STAND BACK FROM THE COMPUTER ! It's too late in the game to want to make a **coaster, isn't it ?
    Your PC requires more resources while it's burning than at any other time. The only other thing that requires that much of your PC's resources is the encoding of your DVD. To copy a DVD successfully it's only necessary to use a decent grade media and to let your PC do its "thing" without your interference - until we hear the "Finished tune".

When you want Guides with a dysfunctional personality, shop ScubaPete :p)

This method will also make excellent copies of previous backups made with any other application, as your backups don't require any additional compression.

Cheers all,

Pete

8. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Only coffee and cigibutts? What happened to the vodka and orange??

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I ran out of freakin Ice cubes :) (Lol)

10. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

Come on over. Big snowstorm almost here. All the cubes you want!!!!

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Start the fire, bottles in hand -

LQQk for a Maroon Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo -

I'll be there no matter what the weather :)

"P"

12. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

I hope its a 4x4. I work for Chrysler and I build the mainshafts for the 4x4 jeeps!LOL

13. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Of course it's a 4X4. Full power with a lo, lo drive - it wouldn't be a jeep without it -