1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make a CD-rip from DVD image?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by neji1111, Jan 19, 2004.

1. neji1111

neji1111 Member

I have a PS2 DVD game image, Naruto: Narutimett Hero and would I like to make it in to a CD. I know there are ways to remove things like FMV, music etc and make a cd version of the game. Anyone know a anything about this? Any help would be very much appreciated. My PS2 does not play back up dvd-r thats why I need the CD rip.

2. neji1111

neji1111 Member

I forgot to mention, the DVD image is 1.5 gb.

3. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

dude...buy the game
    this forum is supposed to be anti-piracy but all these posts are about piracy....

if your ps2 can't play original import dvds (which is quite uncommon) then that's a different story

.sfd and .pss are movies, which doesn't help much since naruto's 1 and only movie is around 90mb...that leaves you with 710 more megabytes to rip in order to fit it onto a cd-r

4. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

oops posted before finishing....

to do something like this requires a lot of work, and mastery of cd/dvd gen, downsampling, merging, dummying, and most unimportant ripping....

ripping is not fun at all, you have to match up all your LBAs (location addresses) so the game actually runs, that is actually the easiest part...
    if you are serious about ripping because your ps2 has a freak disease that doesn't allow it to play original dvds then i suggest seeking out a full faq/walkthrough of how a certain game is ripped from beginning to end because no single post here can explain the processes entirely

5. neji1111

neji1111 Member

I don't believe my PS2 will play imports since it doesnt even play some NTSC games. :)

6. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

heheh sorry to hear that...serious problem you got there...if you are willing to learn definitely check out some walkthroughs on how the process works...i believe megagames has some walkthroughs about ripping

but don't expect it to be easy, it's not...