1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i make a regular hard drive work on a ps2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by esj420, Mar 31, 2005.

1. esj420

esj420 Member

I am flat broke and do not want to spend $100 dollars on a ps2 hard drive. Is there any way i can use one of my previous hard drives on my ps2?

2. williej

williej Regular member

Yeah, but you need something like HD Loader/HD Advance/HD Loader memory card exploit. I have a 300gb HD, HD Advance and mad games. I have no complaints about it ... it's pretty cool. But ... you can use those programs to download games to your HD. You need to search the threads to find out how to do a memory card exploit. I bought HD Advance for like $30.

However, there are a few advantages to getting an official Sony HDD. You can download game saves off your memory card (this will save you mad space) and you can download SOCOM maps and other game data. And you can see your HD in the browser window. But that's it ...

Well, I hope this helps ...

3. superstui

superstui Regular member

you could just use a hard drive out of one of your old computers if you have one...

4. williej

williej Regular member

Oh yeah, but mind you, games are between 1-4gbs, plus the software has a buffer of 1gb to several, depending on the size of the HD.

Example: I have a 300gb Seagate. I can only use 279gb, because the other space is buffer.

HD Advance says it requires a 40gb HD, but you can use smaller ones, even a 10gb. But ... you will only be able to rip one game ... I have 40gb Sony HDD and I only have 8-9 games on it. I would recommend a bigger one ... on my 300gb, I have like 36-37 games on it.

In the HD world, bigger is always better ...

5. superstui

superstui Regular member

100% agree