1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i make a stand alone 6 bay dvd copier

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by kentucky1, Jan 13, 2007.

1. kentucky1

kentucky1 Member

Hello how do i make/build a stand alone dvd copier/burner?
    I know i can go on ebay and buy the 6 bay tower but does it have to have a controller of some kind?
    What about a hard drive?
    Is it easier to hook this up to an existing computer?
    Heres what i want to be able to do:
    1.Have a master copy stored on the hard drive and simulaneously make 6 copies.

2.Possible burn 6 different dvds at the same time from 6 different stored master copies.

I dont want to have to put an original disc in and have it read it and then begin the duplication...i want to used from a stored source.

Thanks
    i hope you can help

kentucky

2. kentucky1

kentucky1 Member

Hello Hello???

3. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

You basically have to buy one. Standalone copiers have a built-in, dedicated PC, with extra IDE ports to accomodate whatever number of drives they ship with.

Your only realistic alternative to buying a duplicator is to build your own PC. Many motherboards support up to 6 SATA ports; you'd use one port for the hard drive and 5 for the DVD writers. Since there are few SATA burners on the market, you'd likely be stuck buying Plextor (expensive) or maybe Lite-On. Nero supports multiple-drive burning, though it can actually be slower than burning one-at-a-time. Nero, however, doesn't handle burning DL discs well, so a duplicator might be your only alternative if you're doing that. If you do go the PC route, look into upgrading the firmwares on the burners, and be sure the burners bitset. If not, use a hacked firmware that does.