1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i make an OGG file to DVD format???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Mole55, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

I downloaded some anime and they are all ogg format. i am trying to turn both video and audio part of it to a DVD format like MPEG or VOB. But when i convert it it only converts the audio or something. I just watn to make it into like MPEG or Vob so i can use it on TMPGEnc DVD Author. when i try to use it after i have converted the ogg to MPEG, it doesnt work. It says only the audio works.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

unless I'm missing something here, OGG files are audio only, not video.

3. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

Yes, that is what i thought. but i can play the video from that but it says its an OGG file.

4. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

Maybe its an OGM file

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

what are you playing it in? Is it a large, video-size file, or smaller, audio-size file?

6. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

It is a large video size file

7. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

Ah, OGM would be accurate. I have never converted OGM before, but if you only get audio, it could be that you don't have the right codecs installed or that they are messed up. Check the video with AVICodec or Gspot to find out it's codecs. It should link to the website where you can download them.

8. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

OK thanks.

9. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Aw come on guys, Ogg is an "Umbrella" of formats that also include a video standard. [bold]Ogg Tarkin[/bold] it the video companion for the Ogg Vorbis audio format. Ogg Tarkin video files end with ".ogg" like Ogg Vorbis audio files do.

Link to info on [bold]Ogg Tarkin[/bold]:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarkin

There is also [bold]Ogg Theora[/bold] that is an Ogg audio / video format. It is most likely that your A/V file is based on the Ogg Theora standard since it is the only Ogg video standard in development (at this time). Its files also end with the ".ogg" extension.

Link to info on [bold]Ogg Theora[/bold]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theora

Scan the AfterDawn Glossary sometime!:)
    Ced

10. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

ok, but how ould i turn these into MPEG1 or MPEG2 or VOb format?

11. djscoop

djscoop Active member

thanks diabolos. just heard of ogg as audio, never really researched into the ogg format. I stand corrected.

12. diabolos

diabolos Guest

That would prabably be a question best asked to the MPEG encoding forums!

Honestly, I have no idea since there isn't alot of support for those formats. While Ogg Vorbis is very popular, the rest of the standards are virtually unknown to the general public.

If you find-out how lets us know!
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2005
  13. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

OK, i'll go there

14. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Now whe're even (the EAC thing)!

15. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

ah, I hadn't thought of that. I had forgotten, being that hardly anybody uses that format, and I didn't think either of the OGG video formats were in dev.

16. djscoop

djscoop Active member

lol. fair and square. :)

17. rChappell

rChappell Member

This might not help but I also downloaded some anime and windows xp reconized them as ogg video format. I am new this this, but I used a program called Video Cleaner 5.3 to convert the ogg video files to nice avi files. I then used nero to convert to mpeg and burn to dvd.

Not sure what this means but i noticed that Video Cleaner program reconized the anime files as ogm. So really i dont know what format these files i have are in, ogg or ogm. If you want you can down load a free trial version of Video Cleaner and see if it works for you. You can download it from this link.

http://www.riverpast.com/download/videocleaner_setup.exe

You need to find a serial for this program to activat it and get rid of the water mark it leaves on the video.

18. Mole55

Mole55 Guest

Yes, ogg files usually have ogm files in them.

19. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2005
  20. flyingcat

flyingcat Guest

Hello, I used a software called ImTOO AVI MPEG Converter in the past. I think it is perfect and maybe can solve your problem. you can test it. you can download it from [removed]
    or maybe you can visite [removed] to know their other products, otherwise there will be one liked by you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2006