1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make it fit?

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Taliahad, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Taliahad

Taliahad Member

Right.

I've tried the technique that RIDE mentioned and whilst I can get my head around the second bit (remastering and resizing a Video_TS file) I had trouble actually getting a useful Video_TS file. The one I got had the sound but a blank (black) picture.

I'm now using Final Cut Pro with 3ivx to turn the .avi file into a .mov file which is resized and can then be burned through Toast.
    Only, I get the same problem; either sound without picture or picture without sound (or sound that is 'truncated' - cuts out after a few minutes).
    What settings do I need to get both picture and sound at a size that's burnable on 4.7GB DVD disk using 3ivx through Final Cut Pro?

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i think maybe i got a little lost somewhere here...are these the same 700 MB movie files? re-encoding them will do a little damage to the quality, you realize. every time you encode a video file, it loses a little quality. did the method i suggested earlier not work? hmm...

3. RIDE

RIDE Member

You can get a small application called, DIVX doctor that will convert your avi / divx to a usable mov file. But as previously stated you will lose some quality due to the nature of decoding an already encoded file.
    You can use the resulting mov file to burn in toast and use the method i mentioned earlier.
    If divx doctor does not decode the file there is usually something not quite right or corrupted with the avi file.

4. yojimbo2k

yojimbo2k Member

just a simple, daft thing to throw into the fray...

Make sure your dvd player plays AVI files... and divx if you try to encode it that way. Just in case we're all missing a trick remember that if you're trying to make it DVD format, you can only get a limited *time* on there, much as if you try to burna bunch of MP3s back to a cd - burn them as MP3s and you'll get loads, burn them as CD tracks and you'll get 80 minutes.

5. yojimbo2k

yojimbo2k Member

alright maybe that's not *strictly* true, but you are greatly limited by time. If you reencode to VOB (mpeg 2) then the fiels will naturally get larger. You can squeeze more on there by dropping the amount of information encoded, but try and get more than 2 hours on a standard DVD-R and you'll find it's really not worth watching.

6. Londor

Londor Guest

7. ade_95

ade_95 Guest

8. ade_95

ade_95 Guest

9. ade_95

ade_95 Guest

[​IMG]

sorry ppl just tryin 2 get my pic on ere

10. ade_95

ade_95 Guest

11. ade_95

ade_95 Guest

12. ade_95

ade_95 Guest

i have had more than 2 hrs on a dvd star wars is longer than 2 hrs so i disagree