1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i make my own hd loader?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dandoom, Apr 28, 2005.

1. dandoom

dandoom Member

help needed please,just want to make my own with the latest patch to play my pal gt4 from my hd.thanks

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

You will need the following:

Memory Card (ps2)
    Swap Magic or another method of booting the exploit cd.
    Ps1 Game
    *IndependenceCompiler 3* (The easiest and best method of creating a exploit) - http://console.iscentral.net/news.php
    HDLoader Including Dual LaYER Patch- www.ps2source.net or hdloader 07c
    WinHIP_V1.7.x - http://www.ps2source.net. (You will have to put the ps2 hdd in the PC as a SLAVE DRIVE)

This next thing is a video guide it is very useful and makes it a lot easier to understand www.exploitstation.com/index.php?page=videos (you only really need this to know how to burn the files to CD)

All you really need to know about burning is below :)

[​IMG]

THIS WORKS FOR ALL DVD9 GAMES(so far;)!!

(All Credit goes to all the respectable owner(s) of each application(s) they rock:).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  3. dandoom

dandoom Member

i have a chipped ps2 with very first messiah chip,do i do anything different than what you have told me?thanks

4. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

As far as i know with a modchip you just stick the backup in and it boot's up, ive never used one so i dont know but i would think that would be the case, just follow the rest and you should be playing GT4 on your hdd fine and dandy *Note* b4 you burn the exploit MAKE sure you add the HDLoader Dual LaYER Patch (HDLSOURCE.ELF) normaly in the "files folder"(you'll see were in the video the guy tells you were to put it). After you have made the exploit boot it up and it will install all the needed file, then turn off your ps2 put the ps1 in and you should see a white screen followed by a on screen GUI. Make sure you use the same ps1 game you used in the *IndependenceCompiler*. One more thing remember to use the newest version of WinHIP to put it on your hdd.

Post back and tell me if it worked plz.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  5. dandoom

dandoom Member

thanks,now to try it.

6. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Good Luck M8ty. Fingers crossed

7. dandoom

dandoom Member

ive downloaded the independance compiler but when i click on it it says something about some error cos of one of it dependances not correctly registered.What now?

8. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Check out top post have edited it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  9. dandoom

dandoom Member

thats better,now the next bits.

10. dandoom

dandoom Member

all went well.In the video tutorial it said i could add my elfs to the rest of them,do i just extract them in and thats it? or do i have rename any of them?Sorry to mither,your help has been SO helpfull,no else would tell me jack.thanks again

11. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

You should have a file called HDLSOURCE.ELF (the 1 you dl fromPS2Source) add it to the exploit folder, you sould have a folder called "Files" add it to that without renameing it and then burn like the way it told you in the video tutorial.

12. dandoom

dandoom Member

Ive done it thanks,i ran out of cds today trying all kinds of methods,so i cant burn it till then but,what will load up?hd loader with the patch applied or some memory card thing.Im not too clued up on the memory card stuff.NOOB!lol

13. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

lol, Well when the exploit is installed the ps1 disc should trigger it and you should see a white screen and a GUI like the one below then all you do is press select i think it is and set up a button to load the patched hdl and it should work fine, then all thats left do is take out the ps2 hdd put it in the pc open winHIP and transfer the image of GT4 to the ps2 hdd *NOTE* you will need to have the image on your hdd WinHIP cant read the two layers from the disk so you will have to use something like DVD Decrypter.

[​IMG]
    this is only if you picked the Keylauncer option.

Well it's 3:07am time for bed ;-)

14. dandoom

dandoom Member

so,cos my ps2 is chipped i load my spanish hd loader which i can change to english,and use the mc loader to install files from cd or just put in my new unburnt disk and it has a new hd loader that boots my hd straight away?i already have games on there.

15. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Sorry it's not in Spanish that’s the only shot i could find ;-)

Yeah you should just be able to put the exploit cd in and it should install after that use the ps1 disk to trigger the exploit, you need to use the ps1 disk to trigger the exploit every time you wish to use it, If you put the HDLSOURCE.ELF in the exploit then all you need to do is set it up so all you need to do is press say the L1 button and the patched version of hdl (HDLSOURCE.ELF) will load, remember each time you want to add now elf files you can just put them in the exploit folder and set them up via KeyLauncer. Don’t worry about your games they will still be there.

Plz remember am just assuming your modchip will boot the cd, if it does not try get a hold of swap magic or if you can FTP it to your MC.

When you go to play ps2 backups do you just stick the dvd in & power up and it loads without going to the red disc error screen?

16. dandoom

dandoom Member

yes it loads on it own no swapping or anything

17. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Your all set then.

18. dandoom

dandoom Member

yep all up and running.it took me a bit to connect pc to my ps2 but got there in the end.i just need to now how to transfer games through my pc to my ps2.i made an image,extracted it to a folder then tried to move the file with fxp,all went funny,files didnt even look the same.can u help me one last time please?ta

19. mikey_ray

mikey_ray Guest

first of download winhiip from some where google it
    if you have the original disk keep it ---or if you made an image hopefully its an .iso
    connect hard drive to pc
    erase any files on hard drive your using for ps2
    open up winhiip and u will see a thing to format the drive
    press it and pick the right drive --format it
    then theres a couple of buttons one says add cd/dvd
    the other says add image click on the one you want and follow instructions
    that should help its simple---after you load all your backups
    remove hdd and put in your ps2 enjoy----

20. dandoom

dandoom Member

yeh i may as well use my winhiip,ftp seems a right pain in the arse.thanks