1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make two copies HELP?!?!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dukhnt, Dec 16, 2004.

1. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Hi guys, I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but I did a little searching and couldnt find it. So thanks in advance for the help/suggestions. Ok to make a copy I use DVD Shrink 3.2 which first Analizes the original, then it Encodes it, saving it to my hard drive. After the original has been encoded Nero automaticaly starts up and waits for me to insert a blank media. After the dvd drive is closed with a blank media, the burn process starts, and the finished product is spit out shortly after WA-LA! With that I have never had any problems. But what I havent figured out is how to make another copy of the same thing after it has been saved to the hard drive. Ive sat here for hours and the only solution I have come up with is to erase the saved file, and start all over with the original again and go through the process, which adds about 15 minutes or so to encode it or whatever again. I know some of you are sitting there in disbelief giggling right now, but if you can help me out here I would really appreciate it. Also, this may seem a little out there, but would anyone be willing to send me a RiData -R 8x non silver faced DVD in return for some other blank media. I dont feel like ordering 25 of them just to find out they wont work. I think it would be great if we could start swaping different medias with each other. Thanks again everyone!

2. MarianneZ

MarianneZ Guest

After you finish with your first copy, you could use Nero to burn a new copy by using the Copy Dvd option. That would burn you a new copy without the extra time for 2nd time backup. I don't know if there are other ways but that's how I do it.
    Marianne

3. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Hmm, that didnt work, or I didnt do it right. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

4. Aaron29

Aaron29 Guest

Do you have two burners or one? If you're using two make sure the source drive and destination drive list the correct burners. In other words, put the already copied dvd into the source and the blank in the destination. You might already be doing this but i can't think why it didn't work without you specifying why, or what error popped up. good luck

5. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

I have a DVD RW drive and a CD RW drive. The file is already on my HD, I just need to know how to put a blank DVD in the drive and send the file to it????? Thanks guys.

6. bluto1940

bluto1940 Guest

dukhnt
    you could use nero recode 2 to do the encoding and burning, when burning it gives you the option of how many copies you want.

7. CG_Gurl80

CG_Gurl80 Guest

Hi dukhnt, try this...

Open up Nero and select the "Burn Image to Disc" option. Now, locate the ISO Image File and load it. Click on Burn and you should be good to go. :)

8. hursty

hursty Active member

nero asks you how many copies you want,just take your time and read nero carefully.

9. pawprint

pawprint Member

I use Nero ver 6.3 , and to burn multiple DVD's, create a DVD burning folder on hdd or partition.

click on DVD -> Photo and Video -> Burn DVD Video Files -> click on the + Add button ->
    using select files and folders,double click on specific movie folder that has the audio_TS and video_TS folders -> click and drag them both to Nero Express -> next -> burn

when you are done, then delete specific movie folder

cheers, ~pawprint~

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  10. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If you have Nero, then just use choose 'DVD-Video'. It should automatically create 2 folders, VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS on the left. Go to your DVD Shrink output and just drag the files in VIDEO_TS directory to the VIDEO_TS directory on the left. Then click burn. Very simple. Nero will check the format to make sure it is DVD compliant (in other words, for idiots who erroneously create a subdirectory \VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS\). If any files are missing or aren't in order, Nero will tell you it is not DVD compliant (in other words, coaster).