1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Open My NAT?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Eclipze22, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Eclipze22

Eclipze22 Member

Whenever I Play Xbox Live I Get Lagged Out Of Alot Of Games.
    I Was Told I Should Change My NAT From Strict To Open, But I Cant Figure Out How. All The Forums I Find Are For Xboxs Not 360s.
    Can Someone Please Help Me Figure Out How To Open My NAT?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

its in your dashboard settings on your xbox360 go to network...

3. steimy

steimy Active member

You can open up your NAT through your router or modem settings usually.
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/search.aspx?keyword=strict+NAT&x=13&y=7
    and a bit more info:
    Maximize your router settings for XBL

I recently made changes to my router that has improved my connection to XBL quite a bit.

DMZ, or Demilitarized Zone:

The DMZ feature allows you to forward all incoming ports to one computer on the local network. The DMZ, or Demilitarized Zone, will allow the specified computer to be exposed to the Internet. DMZ is useful when a certain application or game does not work through the firewall. The computer that is configured for DMZ will be completely vulnerable on the Internet, so it is suggested that you try opening ports from the Virtual Server or Firewall settings before using DMZ.

You will need to know the IP address of the computer you want to use as the DMZ host.

If you have a D-LINK router, get more information here on how to configure your DMZ

http://support.dlink.ca/faq/view.asp?prod_...12&question=DMZ

Ports:

To allow traffic from the internet to enter your local network, you will need to open up ports or the router will block the request.

Because our routers use NAT (Network Address Translation), you can only open a specific port or ports to one computer at a time. For example: If you have 2 web servers on your network, you cannot open port 80 to both computers. You will need to configure 1 of the web servers to use port 81. Now you can open port 80 to the first computer and then open port 81 to the other computer.

Thank you for contacting D-Link Networks Technical Support.

For Xbox Live to work correctly, the following ports need to be open:

• UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    • TCP 3074

If you have a D-LINK router, get more information here on how to configure your ports

http://support.dlink.ca/faq/view.asp?prod_...&question=ports

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  4. theridges

theridges Guest

yea u might have to do that aswell but i just had to change the nat setting on my 360 since my router was good...