1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i pick between widescreen title and full screen

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wejamn, Jan 23, 2004.

1. wejamn

wejamn Member

Hey guys,

I recently burned a DVD and it had the option to watch it in either widescreen or full screen version. However, when i went into dvd shrink to re-author, i wanted to pick the widescreen title, not the full screen, but i didnt know which was which. I decided to take a fifty fifty guess and i was wrong lol! Does n e one know how to separate the widescreen titla from the fullscreen title, cause i am in no mood to pick the full screen title by accident again!

wejammin

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I would consider the larger of the two titles the widescreen version. Sometimes you just can't tell using Shrink.
    You can open the movie with Smartripper, select the "movie icon", now find the "big" movie titles in the "Title->Program Chain->Angle" window and click on it. Look in the Video Info window on the left for "Aspect Ratio". 16:9 is wide screen, 4:3 is the full screen. Check your other "big" title the same way.

You can also use PowerDVD to take a look if you want to guess at a particular title, you would have to rip it first.

Frank

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2004
  3. wejamn

wejamn Member

Thanks for the help Frank!

P.S. I noticed ur a motorcycle racer, have u ever ridden a dirtbike? I just bought myself a 1998 Honda cr-250 for goofin around my neighbours track.

wejammin

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you play each title in DVDshrink it will display either the widescreen or the fullscreen in the preview just as it would look on the TV..Thats how I find out which one is widescreen and which is fullscreen..

Matt

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Matt,
    Thats even better!
    I just haven't had the time or a movie with fullsreen/widescreen titles. Did you find that yourself or did I overlook something?

Hey wejamin,
    If you can slide that CR250 through a corner you can do it on pavement with a GSXR! (please not on public roads hehe) Just don't go for to much air time.
    I'm to old for the MX stuff so I roadrace and try not to fall off to much.

Frank

6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Yeah i stumbled on that myself.. Just sorta noticed it one day.. I guess having a 55inch HDTV helped out too.. I also race.. got a cr250 as well I run the B class

Matt

7. wejamn

wejamn Member

Hey guys, i cant really tell in DVD shrink through the preview window whether its widescreen or full screen, so im gonna try franks method through smartripper maybe that will work.

P.S. Moto do you got the 04 cr-250 model? My bro who just started ridin bought the 02 four stroke xr200, pretty quiet bike. What your opinion on the honda cr-250. I got it for a fairly decent price and it seems to run great!

8. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you look at the preview screen and have the widescreen version playing it will have a black strip on top and bottom of the movie.. If it's the fullscreen it will be normal looking.. adjust it to fullscreen while watching the movie and you WILL see the difference. I have had Honda's my whole life and would ride nothing else..My next bike is going to be a crf450.. I have had 97 thru 99 models and they just keep getting better and better every year. With the 97 being the strongest motor out of all of them.(weird) I like the XR's also.. I have had 2 of them when I was younger. Great bikes.. I am really anxious about the crf450 though, I cant wait.. Tell your Bro they make a crf 200 or 220.. It's basicly a cr125 only its a 4 stroke .. take it easy

Matt

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Had TS185s,XR200,CR500,GSX-R750. The CR500 was truly awesome on beach races! The GSX-R750 was awesome on the Autobahns in Germany.