1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW DO I PLAY GAMECUBE GAMES ON A WII?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Raegos, May 1, 2007.

1. Raegos

Raegos Member

I HAVE THE WII CHIPPED WITH A WII KEY.. I ALSO HAVE THE GAMECUBE GAME ISO HOW DO I PLAY THIS ? DO I JUST SIMPLY BURN THE ISO AND PLAY , PLEASE HELP?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

if you read the rules it states that dont write in caps lock. and yes it will play the gc game backup (as if you have read the list of features of the wiikey it will directly boot gc backups)

4. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

DO NOT YELL YOU WILL NOT GET HELP. DO A SEARCH! THIS HAS BEEN ADDRESSED AND SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE REPEATED.

5. Raegos

Raegos Member

Sorry and thank you , also can any one help how do i fit multiple GC games on the DVD-r and do i need to have some form of emulators to run SNES , NEs games one last question can i store my ISO'sgames etc to my Wii home ( virtual console ) type area or do i have to keep inseting discs to play?

cheers in advance

6. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

again.. do a search!

7. Raegos

Raegos Member

can someone please give it to me on a plate as i have the gamecube game as a GCM file will it work

8. Raegos

Raegos Member

someone please help tried to search cant find correct info, i thought you guys were soppoesed to be helpful? any way i have a wiikey chipped wii, i have GCM files and ISO's but when i burn them they do not play also do i need some form of programme installed on my wii? PLEASE HELP TRIED TO SEARCH

9. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

you clearly didnt search at all.. i searched for it and it came up just like that. and stop whining and begging for help. try going to the gamecube forums and learn how to backup a gc game

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Raegos, also have some patience as we are all here on our free time including us mods.

11. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Oh lawd lol...OK...here you go.

1. Download ImgBurn (latest one...google)
    2. INSTALL ImgBurn
    3. Insert GOOD media into your DVD burner (Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden etc.)
    4. Have your Gamecube image ready (If it's .gcm then rename it to .iso)
    5. In ImgBurn browse for the file and double click it
    6. Make sure write speed is to 4X
    7. Click Write and wait until it's finished burning
    8. ???
    9. PROFIT!!!

Also you can burn multiple GC games into one 4.7 GB DVD with MultiGameISOCreator (google). But I only suggest doing that if it's a multi-disc game such as Resident Evil 4 and Tales of Symphonia. Note that you cannot use Action Replay codes if you use that method (I tried lol).

Any more questions fire away.

12. Raegos

Raegos Member

THANK YOU DARKNESS, at last! so how can i play NES SNEs games? do i need to install some form of emulators? and about virual console can i not store these games onto my home area? or do i have to just keep inserting discs in and out to play, last question if i put multiple games on one disc how do i choose what i want to play?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

13. Raegos

Raegos Member

sorry again

did i mention the Gam cube GCM / ISO is an US game, do i need to patch it if so with what program please?

14. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

you dont have to patch anything if your game is the same region as your console. hmm about snes games..
    if you read the upper portion of the readme.txt of the wiikey setup disc v1.2 you'd see it. about nes games im not sure. dont you have to buy it or something cuz as i recall the vc games are registered with the console so you cant get them unless you buy em. (not sure about the last part)

EDIT: if its multiple games it would autoboot a gui and let you choose i think.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  15. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi

Thanks all for the help yes I think ive found the problem i need to patch the game cube game back up as it is a NTSC copy and i have a PAL wii any ideas?

Regards

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have both NTSC and PAL Game Cube games and they play fine on my Wii without patching them.

You also might have a game that is not compatible with region swapping. The region swapping is only partially supported for the Wiikey. So that means some NTSC games will not work on your PAL unit no matter what you try.

17. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi

Thanks all for all your help i will just have to burn 1 cube game per DVD , as I still dont know how i would go about selecting what game to play when in the wii, any who... do i have to do something to my wiikey setting for cube games to work ? all i have done is brought a wii, chipped it with wiikey, burnt iso's and played them, very basic , im not technically like you kids so please help a grandad, i will try and burn a PAL cube game and test it before anything ,

Hey thanks for the tip off about imgburn gr8 programe , ripped of dycrpter looks like, but what are the benifits, why this not nero?

Sorry to ask stupid questions, just curious.

Knowledge is power!

Thanks again guys

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I use GCMUtility .05 to shrink the Game Cube ISO down and then use WiiUIv130 to make a Multi-Boot Disc to boot with GCoS.

The first disc I have tried this with has the folowing games on the disc...

Super Mario Sunshine
    Paper Mario - Thousand Year Door
    Luigis Mansion
    Mario Part 6
    Mario party 7
    Mario Kart - Double Dash

It works perfect.

I have a WiiD but I think GCoS can also be used with Wiikey.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  19. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

what is WiiUIv130 in the previous message, it just makes it for you???
    im having a hard time with this as well making a muti disk...oj and when shrinking a gc game image or trying to make the disk but failed, does it effect the image???

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

GCMUtility .05 is a utility you can use to take out the dummy portion of a Game Cube disc. Most GC disc that have not been wiped are 1.35 using a program like this will take out the dummy file that is put in the place of extra space after the game files itself is written.

WiiUIv130 is a Wii utility you can use on your PC that will create Multi-Disc GC games plus creates Emulator disc. It also has an unscrambler for Wii games that have not yet been unscrambled.

I will not link to the files itself because I don't think we are supposed to link to those types of files. But I got the programs from the site below...

http://www.maxconsole.net

21. Raegos

Raegos Member

hi

great, thanks again , nice info, im trying to still get super smash bros melee to work on my wii (wiikey chipped) console , do i have to configure the settings of the wiikey itself? I have not even run a boot disc etc..?

still confused