1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I play games directly from my xbox hard drive?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by streki, Feb 7, 2005.

1. streki

streki Member

One week ago I was a complete noob, but thanks to many hours of online study, I've so far managed to:

1. fit a spiderchip to my box
    2. flash the bios (xecuter 2)
    3. Download loads of homebrew stuff (via ftp)
    4. Install a 160GB hard drive
    5. Set up the HDD to boot into Evox

But I can't find any tutorials that tell me how to rip a game to my hard drive and play it without the game disk being in the DVD drive!

Can someone point me in the right direction?

The only instruction set I could find involved a utility called "boxplorer" that was supposed to be included with Evolution X, but it doesn't appear to be included in my copy! (I'm running version 3935).

I'm so very close to completing this little project.... Please help :)

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

easiest way to do it is to install an app called DVD2Xbox.The .ini in evox is setup to automatically look for games in E:/Games or F:/Games or G:/Games. All you have to do is create a folder within 1 of those 3 directories and name it whatever you like(most people name it after the game).Transfer the game files into this folder,restart your xbox and the game will be visible within the games tab from evox.
    DVD2Xbox will transfer the game files from a disc directly from your dvdrom drive of your xbox to the hard drive of your xbox and create the folder for you.
    Or you can do it manually without using DVD2Xbox by ftp'n a discs contents to your computer and then back to your xbox hdd.
    To install dvd2xbox 1. find the app 2. ftp it to your xbox hdd into E:/apps F:/apps etc. if you don't have an apps folder in there(create it)create another folder named after the app and ftp the programs contents into that folder.DVD2Xbox should be selectable within evox after you restart your xbox.

You can actually play a game from anywhere on your hdd without placing the game files directly into a specific folder or directory(just makes it more convienent).All you do is go into the file manager of evox or Avalaunch and go to where ever the game is located and open the default.xbe of the game.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  3. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I have DVD2Xbox installed and never use it. I prefer the PxH Harddrive loader v1.3a It installs games to the F drive and automatically names the games that you load.

4. streki

streki Member

Hey, cheers for the info. That all seems quite straight forward....I'll give it a go.

Thanks very much peeps.

5. streki

streki Member

WOW.....That worked perfectly !!!!
    FANTASTIC :)

Thanks you guys.

6. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

What method did you use streki?

7. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

BIG advantage too of PXHddloader is the ability to uninstall your games with one click.
    Unless yo uhave something like xcommander you cant uninstall games from dvd2xbox without connecting to pc
    also you CAN accidently install to the e:\ (save games) partition, people have actually sent me xbox's cos they did this!
    BUT dvd2xbox is the one for movie installs:))
    just remember that if you use it, to enable the F:\ partition as its not enabled by default.
    another good app is one thats not used much, but its very good, called COMPLEX TOOLS