1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I play home made video on my tv dvd

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by gprice, Nov 11, 2007.

1. gprice

gprice Member

I have a JVC GR-D23EK Mini dv camcorder, I have captured a home made video onto my laptop through windows media player, I then burned it onto a DVD+RW, however it will not play on my tv DVD player. Can anyone help please.

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

What did you do. Just burn the file to a DVD?
    You will have to use a so-called DVD authoring program. If you use Nero, you will have to use Nero Express which can create a Video-DVD.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What format did you capture in? Did you use a firewire cable between your video camera and your computer? If not, you should have and also captured as a DV-AVI file.

4. gprice

gprice Member

Yes I did you use a firewire cable between my video camera and computer, yes I did just burn the file to a DVD?

5. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

That doe not work. You need to import your video files into an authoring application to create a Video-DVD. As said, Nero contains a section that is called Nero Vision Express, which is a DVD authoring program. Therea re many others out there. Check out for example some of the programs from Ulead like DVD MovieFactory. You can download 30 days free trials form their website.

6. gprice

gprice Member

downloaded nero express on trial, chose video/pictures then DVD-Video files however nothing happens when I try to add my home made video. What am I doing wrong. I saw piece of software in PC world called videostudio 11.5. will that help

7. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

IN Nero you have to start Nero VISION Express.
    Here you can import your files. Of course there are many other programs. I suggest you try Ulead DVDMovieFactory, easy to use, stable and nice menu's. And a free 30 days trial. Check http://www.ulead.com

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I prefer Roxio EMC 9 or EMC 10 for its editing capabilities. I haven't tried Ulead yet, but N-ero has very limited editing capabilities.

9. gprice

gprice Member

Thanks, i have downloaded Ulead DVDMovieFactory6 plus. it works fine, however when i add audio yo the movie, at the start it makes a horrible noise before the music starts. Have you had a similar problem

10. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

No, I never had that.
    In what format did you add the audio? Try adding another format to see if the same things happens. If you keep having thos problme, you better ask Ulead for support. They also have a link to a support forum.

11. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I am among many with a common objective. That is burn a DVD saved on our PC to a DVD playable on a TV.

I have read many helpful outlines and I want to thank all that have offerred help. The more I read though the more confused I get.

Allow me to outline what i have used and perhaps someone can offer an easy to follow step by step process to enable us to play our shows on TV.

I make my shows with Winodws Movie Maker. I then burn to a CD (which plays on my PC) and also burn to my harddrive. If I burn the WMM show with Deepburner I can play the DVD on any PC.

Once in the harddive (format of which I have no clue) how to I convert it so it can be saved on DVD that can be played to a TV?

Remember we are

12. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

You cannot create DVD's with Windows MovieMaker. What you need is a DVD authoring program, which will convert the video to the proper format (which is MPEG-2) and create the proper Video-DVD structure.
    I would recommned you this article to understand the steps involve starting from tape going to DVD:
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/basics/tapetodvd.php