1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i play psx games on my psp fw 3.52 m33

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by K.HAMMETT, Nov 9, 2007.

1. K.HAMMETT

K.HAMMETT Guest

how do i play psx games on my psp? am using 3.52 m33 firmwire.

can anyone help?

2. atatreedy

atatreedy Member

Make sure you are DEFFINATELY on the 3.52 M33 firmware first! under the system settings/system information on the XMB, System Software MUST say '3.52 M33', if it just says 3.52 then u need to downgrade, Do Not follow the steps below if the system software says anything other than '3.52 M33', cos you WILL brick your PSP!

so, firstly get the 3.52 M33-4 upgrade from http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/569454
    which has some upgrades to get rid of some of the M33 glitches.

Once youve got that, simple place the PSX eboot.pbp (and KEYS.binfile if thereis one) in a folder with the game name on it, then place this folder in the GAME folder found in the PSP folder =
    X:/PSP/GAME/(game name)/EBOOT.pbpKEYS.bin

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  3. K.HAMMETT

K.HAMMETT Guest

yea it is 3.52 m33, i downgraded it with lumines a few weeks ago. where can i find the downloads to upgrade to m33-4? isnt there m33-7 or something? i know abit more about all this than i use to but with all these different firmwires out i easily get confused because i dont know whats the best out there. what about the tools needed to rip a psx game that i want on my psp?

4. y4Nnick

y4Nnick Member

help me..
    i don't know how to convert the psx game from the disk( and the application to use)
    btw i have firmware 3.52 M33-4
    Thxx

5. K.HAMMETT

K.HAMMETT Guest

i finally managed to do it now. the things you need to do this is autopopstation 4 and psx2psp 1.2 this is all i use.

with autopopstation 4, i only use the iso ripper to make and iso file from my psx games, thats the only tool i use on autopopstation 4. once the iso has been ripped open psx2psp 1.2 load the iso on to that, find out what the game id is and enter the game title from the list of games and then convert it to eboot and then upload it to the PSP GAME FILE. and then all you do then is load the psp up and go in to the game memory stick find the game and play away

hope that helps

6. y4Nnick

y4Nnick Member

have managed to do ti too!! that's cool!!
    Thx man