1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i put 2avi's onto 1 dvd-r??

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jokerman, Aug 21, 2003.

1. jokerman

jokerman Guest

Hi, i am sorry for starting a new thread. i have looked all around and still cannot find my answer. i want to put 2 different avi's onto 1 dvd-r the most easiest and best way. if you could help me i would be very grateful. thanks for anyones help!! Joker_man(this isnt a joke btw!!) Cheers.____X_X_X_X_X_[small]Joker_Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2003
  2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

If you want to just burn two AVIs onto one DVD-R, you just have to burn them onto the disc in "data-disc" mode.
    However, if you want to make a DVD that can play in a standalone, you need to use TMPGEnc Plus and TMPGENC DVD Author.
    First use TMPGEnc Plus to convert the AVIs to MPEG2 files. On the last screen of the project wizard, set it so that each file will take up about 48~49% of the disc (you have to leave a percent or two to allow for the overhead of a basic menu).
    Once you have your two MPEG2 files (each will be a little over 2GBs), you can author a DVD title-set via TMPGEnc DVD Author and burn that to disc.
    Good luck...

3. jokerman

jokerman Guest

thanx alot man i will try it out! and get back to you. cheers. 2 more things. i was wondering if the quality of the films go down alot and how many avi's can i fit onto 1 dvd-r!! thanx for your help. cheers_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Joker_Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2003
  4. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

You are certainly limited by the quality of your source material - you could set a super high bitrate, but you are never going to improve on the original (DivX is pretty highly compressed, meaning its falws show up pretty easily).
    It also depends a lot on your TV, I am always pretty happy on my 29" flatscreeen, but have been frightened by the quality of some of the same flicks on my friend's 52" projection TV.
    As for how many you can fit on one DVD-R, I wouldn't out more than 3 or 3.5 hours on one disc. But again, the general rule is: the more put on the disc, the lower the quality.
    One thing that I do in a bid to improve things a bit is to re-encode to a 352x480 MPEG2 (accepted by the DVD format). That way you are not enlarging much in the conversion process, and are not spreading your bits as widely.

5. spacemans

spacemans Member

I used to go through that process with TMPGenc Plus and DVD author but have recently dicovered InterVideo WINDVD Creator 2.

I am having a few problems with so am at the moment only using it to convert the AVIs to VOBs. Then I use TMPGenc DVD Author to do the rest.

It is way, way faster then transcoding with TMPGenc Plus and I have yet to find an AVI that is can't handle. Whereas with TMPGenc I was constantly having to extract the audio to WAV with virtualdub first.

If they could sort out the crashing whrn you add a menu and the problem with it chopping files that result in Greater then DVD size results then it would be a good all in one option.

6. AlphaDog

AlphaDog Member

Use InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2, it copies everything without the tinkering around with other programs.