1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i put multiple avi's onto one dvd without using nero vision?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by enjoisx, Jun 24, 2007.

1. enjoisx

enjoisx Member

i use nero to burn my converted files to dvd but i don't have nero vision. so if i have a bunch of episodes where i want to put more than 1 on a dvd how would i do that? i don't need a menu but i'd like if they would play in order. i'm confused because i use DivXtoDVD to convert the avi's but since it only lets you do one avi at a time then i would just end up with a bunch of Video_TS folders meant for seperate discs(i think). any ideas?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi enjoisx
    You should be able to add more than 1 avi w/ Divx2dvd. Add 1 then click the folder again and add another.
    Though the more you add may result in some quality loss when compressing.
    Add them in the order you want them to play in.

A very easy option would be buy a dvd player that support DivX - you can pick one up pretty cheap now. That way no conversion needed and you can use Nero Burning Rom or Express and just use the data dvd (or cd depending on the size) option.

3. killalot

killalot Active member

To get them to play in order just name them 01 Friends 02 Friends etc
    you could just use Nero and select data DVD and ad all the clips to the completion that’s how I make a divx disk because you renamed them they will play in order 01 first etc

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

binkie7 is correct you can get more than than 1 AVI to convert in DivXtoDVD, but seeing how you already have the AVIs converted my suggestion would be to just use DVD Shrink. Simply click on re-author and add your files one at a time in the oreder you would like.

Here is an example guide Episode DVDs with Shrink

5. enjoisx

enjoisx Member

oh thanks a lot everyone, i got it to work perfectly using divxtodvd. added 8 episodes to one disc, only 4gb and no quality loss as far as i can tell. the divx player sounds like a nice investment too, thanks for the tip =P

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome enjoisx
    Yeah one day I need to pick up one of those players too instead of messing with converting them.

7. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

the best at that task is copytodvd, just put all your avis into a folder, make sure the folder is not bigger than 4.35GB, rightclick on the folder and copytodvd. as easy as it sound. copytodvd is only $30 and it is one of the best burnning applications out there.

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

CopyToDVD converts AVIs to DVD compliant files now? I didn't know that it has been a while since I used that program I will have to check that out.

9. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

no no no, what i ment to say was that copytodvd is probably the easiest way to burn more than one avi file to dvd. just put the files in a folder and burn. copytodvd does not convert avi to dvd. convertextodvd(another VSO software) does.

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Oh OK I thought something had changed with that program seeing how the original poster was talking about converting. My bad ;-)

11. tripplite

tripplite Guest

hmm, use dvd flick, load the first clip in them under edit, go to sources and add the others it will combine them with a few sec pause imbetween, just make sure there all them same file type, size, quality and everything else, not size or length of course