1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Read A VCD On My PC?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by BaronVon, Jun 27, 2003.

1. BaronVon

BaronVon Member

I recently created a VCD using nero and it work fine. But i want to view it on my PC and don't know how? Any sugestions??
    Many Thanks

2. aqsg72

aqsg72 Guest

You can use DVD playing software such as Intervideo WinDVD and Cyberlink PowerDVD, as they are both able to play VCDs.

Haz

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If WinDVD wont play the vcd, dont worry, just click open and go to the mpegav folder on the vcd and select avseq01.dat! that will play the movie for you! :D

4. KJ3090

KJ3090 Guest

You can also follow Dela's instructions using Windows Media Player.

5. Dela

Ye thats true but WinDVD is a lot better IMHO!

6. malcolmt

malcolmt Member

Following on from this, I've just burnt a VCD which has several small movies i.e. in the MPEGAV folder there are several .dat files which play in Windows Media Player.
    My question is this:
    How do I convert these .dat files to .avi or .mpg so I can keep individual clips in separate places?

7. Dela

Well, use VCDEasy, clcik tools - mpeg tools and then use CDXA2MPEG to save an mpg file from a dat file!

8. Argo

Argo Member

i find QuickVCD 3.0 is really good. It operates like the old version of WMP 6.4, but has an extra row of buttons showing how many vcds u have on the cd. Also, if u have an ATI video card, u can get the MultiMedia Center. it comes with a vcd player.