1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I Remove Select Extras, but not all?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by medialife, Feb 6, 2004.

1. medialife

medialife Member

What's a simple way to remove files, such as extras, that I don't want to burn to a dvd so as that I don't have to compress it and lose quality? I tried removing the IFO and VOB files of the particular extras I didn't want and then using the 'Get VTS Sectors' option in IFOEdit to reconfigure them, and then I opened DVD Shrink to compress all of the files from 4.48 gb to 4.35 (I heard that although dvds claim 4.5gb storage, that's a different measurement, and it's really 4.35). DVD Shrink said it failed to locate some files though, so I'm lead to believe that the dvd won't be compatible with stand-alones if I burn it. The only other option I know of when dealing with extras that I don't want on that particular dvd is to compress the extras to still pictures.. but this usually makes the opening of a dvd choppy, and although this isn't a big deal, it's not very presentable, and thus is the main reason for me wanting to leave the smaller opening extras and removing the large behind-the-scenes extras. I know that I burned a dvd before with only select extras on it, but I forget what I did exactly. Another thing I could try doing is leaving the IFO/BUP files and removing the VOB files, so that the navigation parts are still there but the main file isn't. Would this work?

Lastly, if there is a way to keep select extras and remove others, is there a way to get dvd shrink to compress the remaining files without reading an error? Thanks.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

The simple way to do it is to open the re-author feature in Shrink, drag the titles you want into the compilation window,let Shrink decrypt and compress and then burn it. Just don't put in what you don't want.

http://dvdshrink.info/reauthor_intermediate.php

The copy will not have a working menu. Just put it in your player and it will play the titles in the same sequnce they were compiled in.

Frank

3. medialife

medialife Member

If it's already decrypted do I still do this? And also, what do you mean it won't have a working menu? If the menu is one of the files I include, shouldn't it work?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

If you Decrypted in file mode you can just select "open files" in Shrink and then browse for the folder that Decrypter made.
    No, if you use Shrink in the Re-author mode the menu won't work, even if you put ALL the titles back in.

If you really want a menu for your re-authored movie take a look at TMPGEnc DVD Author. This program allows you to make a new menu for your movie.

If the extras are a different aspect ratio or a different audio track is used then you won't be able to include them in your movie compilation without using other programs like DVD Patcher and Ifoedit.

Frank

5. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

This is the perfect free tool for you: http://shh.dvdboard.de/titlesetblanker.html

Replaces original VOB files with dummy and very small files to leave your DVD structure still functioning but with lots of extra space for your main movie.