1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i replace the ixtreme fw for my original fw?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by spitfire6, Dec 12, 2007.

1. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

i want to replace my ixtreme fw, because my 360 it's freezing a lot with every game i put in, and i have a one year warranty with gamestop and i'm going to return it. so how do i replace it with my original fw? . it's the same process as flashing it?

thanks in advance

2. ASICSMS

ASICSMS Member

Your warranty is already void, so i suggest you not try to scam gamespot as it will backfire on you.

What FW did you flash it with?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

agree with above, if you lifted the warranty sticker then they will not take it back at Gamestop as that is the first thing a good store would check. And they would have no idea what firmware is on it because they are not the one's who fix them, they just replace yours then send the broken back to Microsoft.

4. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

i used ixtreme 12. I lift the warranty sticker but it looks like is never have been lifted. and besides when i bought my used 360 like 5 months ago it gave me the rrod. then i return it to the store and they give me another without checking the warranty sticker.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2007
  5. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

yea they dont check for the warrenty sticker

i gave them a banned console with no warrenty sticker and the back was all fD up from openin it and they gave me 150 with no HDD

6. silent714

silent714 Regular member

I dont think gamestop checks used consoles i know some one who sold a messed up xbox to them. I bought a used gameboy advanced from them and had to exchange it three times cause all the ones the gave me had problems. I got my money back. I think they just make sure it turns on and thats it.

7. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

yeah i also know someone who had a bad flash on his banned consule. took it back. and they gave him a new one on the spot. with not even a reciept. I definately don't aprove of this. If you get caughtt..... u are in trouble with the police.

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I'm sure it's store policy to check all consoles for voided warranties. But it's all going to boil down to the clerk helping you. If they're too lazy to check, then you're in luck.

9. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

but how do i flash it to put my original firmware?

10. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

if it's a hitachi drive, you can do a "restore" using the maximus toolbox. there are instructions in the tutorial that comes with the toolbox.

if it's an LG-Samsung, you can just reflash with the orig.bin just like you flashed it the first time.

11. spitfire6

spitfire6 Guest

its a Samsung. thanks for the help tyler1993