1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I resync the sound with tmpgenc?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by count, May 23, 2003.

1. count

count Guest

I made the sound out of sync when trying to reencode a movie with tmpgen. Before I knew to save the reencoded movie as a different file, I began overwriting.... Can I just reencode the video file and put a delay time or advance the time for the audio with tmpgenc?

2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

yes, but it will be a hit or miss situation. You need to go to 'source range' in advanced settings and you will see a place to set the audio delay/advance. But the only way to test is encode a couple of minutes and see if you selected the correct time.

3. count

count Guest

Thanks. I tried that and it worked okay, but the sound drifted off again. The next movie started up with the sound in sync, but then drifted out of sync. Both were VCD. When I reencoded an SVCD on TMPGEnc, I had no problems. What should I do?

4. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

does it do it if you play it on your pc??? Maybe your dvd player has a hard time with vcd (my phillips does but it plays svcd's great). Is the source a dvd or a video off the net. If off the net, what is the frame rate???

5. count

count Guest

I hadn't considered the frame rate. It is off the net. The voice is off on the PC and the DVD player, but only after I reencode on tmpgenc. Should I be doing something special when reencoding that I am not as far as the frame rate? This only happened on the two VCDs which I reencoded, but not on the SVCD movie. Any suggestions?