1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I rip Gamecube games to play on my PC?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by chowder, Mar 18, 2005.

1. chowder

chowder Member

I rented a Gamecube and I would like to rip Resident Evil 4 to my pc before I return the Gamecube. I intend to download the Dolphin emulator to use on my pc. Most of the information I have found on ripping Gamecube games involves starting with a game called Phantasy Star Online, which I do not have. Is it possible to rip Resident Evil 4 if that is the only game I have in my possession? How do I do it? Thank you.

2. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

When you rented it, you can't install mod chip, and still you have to have broadband adapter. And when you can't install mod chip, then you would have to get broadband adapter and phantasy star online(and crossover cable and NIC unless you already have them) and those would be useless when you have to bring back gamecube.
    And when you finally can rip that game to PC, you should have super hyper fast computer to play that game on PC nowadays, it needs fast computer.

So shortly, forget it.

3. chowder

chowder Member

Do you think I should look for an ISO on DC++ instead? Is that all I would need, an emulator and the ISO? What other problems would I run into? Thanks.

4. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

Here's good place to download ISO's:
    http://gctracker.mine.nu/ (torrent site)
    GC games are not popular in DC.

And as i said, forget it. GC emulators are not advanced enough to play on PC. You dont want to play crappy looking, very slow games. Even 3GHz CPU and latest Radeon are'nt enough.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  5. chowder

chowder Member

thanks for the help.

6. 0MAR

0MAR Regular member

I have a question hows that burning games without a chip whit phantasystar and a network adapter if is possible but still dont you need a modchip to play the backups.im new in this can u explain me how the fantasy star Methop works and the mod chip methop works so i can see whats best for me thankss!!!

7. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

That phantasy star method works: Send file from PC to GC, choose to boot backup, swap.
    Mod chip: Original in, choose to boot backup, swap.

8. 0MAR

0MAR Regular member

so with fantasy star u dont need to burn the games to any media just transfer from pc to gamecube to play??

9. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

yeah, but fmv is choppy. i don't know about gameplay cuz i've never used it