1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i rip seperate chapters with smart ripper 2.41?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jpw_15, Mar 18, 2003.

1. jpw_15

jpw_15 Member

im new to this backing up dvds, but is there a way to rip seperate chapters. I have Friday and i wanted to back it up, how would I back say chapter 3 or 5 without ripping the whole dvd. i dont have space to rip a whole dvd, so can some1 pleez help me.

2. Sefy

Sefy Guest

You can use the Settings in Smart Ripper and tell it to split the VOB's according to Chapters, so each VOB will represent a Chapter.

Now, this will still rip the entire Movie, but it will be easier for you to delete the Chapters you don't want.

3. jpw_15

jpw_15 Member

thanx, but is there another program where i dont have to rip the whole dvd and just the chapters. like i said i dont have enough space on my computer and im planning to burn half on one cd-r and the 2nd half on a another cd-r.

4. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Is that the only reason ? you want to burn half and half ? you could use DVDx or FlaskMPEG to encode directly from the DVD drive.

5. jpw_15

jpw_15 Member

im new to this so how do i encode the dvd directly from the dvd drive using dvdx or flaskmpeg. sorry for the trouble, but thanks for the help

6. Sefy

Sefy Guest

7. jpw_15

jpw_15 Member

k last questions. it says that encoding it str8 from the dvd will/might cause damage to the dvd drive. i dont know if u have the answer to this, but will there be less or no damage if i encode chapter by chapter meaning encode chapter 1 then wait like 20 mins. then start ch. 2

8. Sefy

Sefy Guest

I Doubt it, but I can tell you that my first 25 movies were done directly from the DVD drive with no damage to it.

Of course it may have shortened it's life alot, either way, it is risky no matter what you do.