1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i ru homebrew on 3.71m33

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by don010, Dec 20, 2007.

1. don010

don010 Guest

i got 3.71m33 by the totalnewbi easyinstaler blah blah

now i downloaded some emulators and homebrew games from www.dl.qj.net
    and they show up with pics and music on my xmb menu
    but when i click on them the load and start then says game canot be started

i read that ive gata add a kernel 1.50 and themn update to 3.71m33-2 then 3.71m33-3 then 3.71m33-4

wtf

cant i just go straight into playing my homebrew games or atleast uograde straight to 3.71m33-4 and play my games

thx in advance

2. pspdude12

pspdude12 Member

No you can't just play homebrew. You have to instal the kernel because the firmware was not originaly released with it. You don't have to upgrade to any new revisions (as simple as it is!). You just instal the kernel and you are good to go.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why bitch about what you have to do to be able to play homebrew and emulators and just be thankful that someone has took the time and provided us a way to play homebrew and emulators for FREE.

There is nothing more pethetic then an ungrateful person.

Anyway if your on 3.71 M33 you can update straight to 3.71 M33-4 without the 2 and 3 update.

You need to install the 1.50 ADD ON-2 if you want to play 1.50 kernel homebrew applications.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  4. shyam01

shyam01 Member

thanks alot for the information so far, but i still have a problem, ive got 3.71 m33-4 firmware on my psp and when i put iso's on it, they show up i the game folder, but when i try to run them, they dont work at all and come up with error, and if a umd is in the psp, then that loads up instead. plus ive added both 1.50 ADD ON and 1.50 ADD ON-2 but the homebrew apps do not show up at all under game on the psp. help would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

5. nixz

nixz Regular member

You need to change one of the settings. When you start your PSP hold down the right trigger and you will have a menu and theres an option about the UMD Bay.. enable it. Then try your ISO's/CSO's and they should work.

6. shyam01

shyam01 Member

i tried that, but there is no 'UMD bay' option, the options are as follows:-
    Toggle USB
    Configuration
    Run Program at /psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp
    Advanced
    CPU speed
    Plugins
    Registry Hacks
    exit

i can access all options, but i when i try too go to configuration, nothing comes up for about 10 seconds then the psp switches itself off. please help if u can. thankyou

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It sounds like you have a bad custom firmware install.

Do you have a FAT or SLIM PSP?

I would assume you have a FAT since you installed 1.50 ADD ON to it.

If you do have a FAT go HERE and download this file.

Go into recovery menu and toggle the USB to connect the PSP to PC. Then extract the file you downloaded above. Drag the extracted RECOVERY folder to the PSP/GAME folder. Then toggle the USB to disable the connection.

Now go to "RUN PROGRAM AT/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP"

This will recover the PSP back to 1.50 official firmware.

After you downgrade it back to 1.50 go HERE and install 3.52 M33-4 (this needs to be done first before going to 3.71 M33-4).

After you have updated to 3.52 M33-4 go HERE to install 3.71 M33-4 + 1.50 ADD ON-2.

After you are at 3.71 M33-4 + 1.50 ADD ON-2 format your memory Stick then go HERE and follow the steps to get your ISO/CSO working properly.

If you opt to use a Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick I would suggest using a different PSP other then the 1 your having issues with when creating them.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  8. shyam01

shyam01 Member

thank you very very much for the information. it worked like a charm!!
    everything on my psp is working perfectly. thanks ever so much, much much appreiciated!
    shyam01

9. don010

don010 Guest

well larrylje i apologise if i may seem ungrateful but im not.

i added the kernel 1.50 thingy

and SOME homebrew games wrk
    but duke nukem 3d and doom also metriod zero dont work

about those emulators i read that i can use pc emu roms and put the in my rom folder for the psp

i did that and ran the MAME emu and i get no availablegames found
    i even put the in every folder on the emu and no luck

i dont think it bad ROMS like abou 23 of them but idk

any suggestions on how to get it to work or where i can get psp rom files
    hmmm

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What game system are they for? Are these SNES GBA NES Sega?

11. don010

don010 Guest

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you have a FAT or SLIM PSP?

If you have a FAT PSP do you have 1.50 ADD ON-2 installed?

What version of MAME do you have?

What is the extension on the ROMS you have?

Example: game.rom .rom = extension of the ROM file.

13. YMYAkai

YMYAkai Guest

Hey everyone!
    I am facing a similar situation here when I am trying to run some but not all ISO/CSO in my ISO folder. I got my psp with CFW 3.71 m33-2 installed and I updated it to m33-4. When I go to the recovery menu I have the option of choosing between the 2 kernels (1.50, or 3.71) like most. Either way when I try running those games, they dont work and instead I get a 80020148 error message when it loads up. I think this is something new coz I've been reading around all the previous posts and people seem to get it solved either through this way or by enabling/disabling the execute and plain module in the advanced config. menu (which doesn't work for me either).

Again, just to note its not like that with all ISOs/CSOs...I actually got a couple working normally. However, most of them give this error message and don't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!