1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I see private messages?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by VladB, Dec 26, 2002.

1. VladB

VladB Member

I got 36 e-mails telling me that someone wants to talk to me and I can't figure out how to view it. I'm logged in (obviously) but the link keeps telling me to log in first. So I just started looking thru here to see if I can find it. I must be blind. How do I see private messages?

2. prototype

prototype Member

hey man sorry about that, it is me trying to get up with you, didnt mean to send that many PMs, i just need to know how you got your BIN.exe files to work...

just repsond in this thread and delete all those pms emails

3. VladB

VladB Member

basically what you do is: when you have your windows explorer open, go into "tools" -> "folder options" -> "view" and check (or uncheck) "hide folder extensions" or something like that. thats it

4. prototype

prototype Member

i am using xp pro, when i go to tools all i see is internet options but i dont see view or the box where it says hide extensions types,

is there another path to take to get to that box to uncheck it...?

thanx again for any help you send my way

solace1@charter.net

5. VladB

VladB Member

i also use xp pro. the problem is that you probably tried through internet explorer. try opening something like my computer, and there go into tools, etc. as i described earlier.

good luck

6. Supleh2

Supleh2 Guest

allow cookies from this site Vlad and you should be able to STAY logged in.

7. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

VladB, I'm assuming that you use Hotmail. Well when you click on something in hotmail you browse to it through a hotmail machine so any cookies you have on your own machine don't count here.

Look at the private message link and then select it and right click, click copy. Open another explorer window and paste it into the address bar and hit enter. That should work!