1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I shrink the picture size of a video with TMPGEnc Plus?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by MakoHazrd, Dec 14, 2007.

1. MakoHazrd

MakoHazrd Member

Well basically, when I convert an AVI to dvd or mpeg to make a dvd out of the picture is too big for the screen. I am trying to make anime DVD's but it cuts of a TON of the picture, including the subtitles. I used to use WinAvi Video Converter, but that doesn't work with vista. That program would let you shrink a percentage of the actual video size, to be smaller and fit on screen. Does anyone know how I can shrink the video size and what a good size would be? If you could give me numbers for both 4:3 and 16:9 that would be great! Thanks

2. MakoHazrd

MakoHazrd Member

does anyone know?

3. MakoHazrd

MakoHazrd Member

Bump Please someone give me the numbers to type in so I can make it fit a normal tv screen.

4. MakoHazrd

MakoHazrd Member

why wont anyone help me?

5. MakoHazrd

MakoHazrd Member

bump again.... still need help.

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Basically you need to add a border around the vid to compensate for your TV's overscan.

Check this link and note this part:

You will now notice the option that says RESIZE and in my example it says "704x272" and there is "1" block of OVERSCAN. There are 4 options for OVERSCAN. Option "0" is NO OVERSCAN then there are options "1", "2" and "3" with "1" being the least and "3" being the most COMPENSATION for OVERSCAN. I find that using the "1" or "2" setting is just fine for most televisions. The "3" option is almost always overkill.

Not all TV's overscan the same so try all the options.

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic296341.html#1487285

7. MakoHazrd

MakoHazrd Member

Thanks but it says to load the AVS file into TMPGEnc Plus but doesn't say how and I can't seem to find any way to do that. Also what does loading that script into it even do? I'm very confused, can anyone help me out?

8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

The completed Avisynth (AVS) script will be teated as an AVI by many programs. The script allows you to make many changes, brightness, color, cropping etc., and in your case the addition of a border. ConvertX will also accept them as input.

9. MakoHazrd

MakoHazrd Member

For some reason TMPGEnc isn't letting me load it or accepting it as an AVI file like everyone says it's supposed to..