1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I split the disc into 2 parts?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rnaval, Jan 9, 2005.

1. rnaval

rnaval Member

I don't have access to the original disc any longer. However, I've did a full backup of the disc and now I want to split it into 2 parts so that it can be copied to 2 discs and without any compression.

How do I do this in DVD Shrink? Do I do a reauthor?

Thanks...RN

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Just check out this site
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/splitting-v2-3.php

B.T.W. All I did was a search of this site and found over 7 pages of threads all realted to this topic, everything from MAC's to PS2's. Almost all the problems I've ever had could be solved by that wonderfull little feature. Anyways, anymore problems just c'mon back and we'll set you on the right path.

Oh yeah, the guides for an older version of Shrink but the principle is the same.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  3. rnaval

rnaval Member

That's great, I was able to follow these instructions and split the disc image into two discs. How about the menus, I want to use the menus partially on disc one, but I get a message that the menus will be converted to video only. Is there any way to retain partial functionality of the menus?

Thanks...RN

4. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

After you Reauthor it, it does convert the menu structure to videos. If you were to just add them into the compilation they would play concurrently like short video clips. If you wanted menus to help you navigate you could use a different peice of software such as Tmpgenc Dvd Author or something similar to make your own menus. But as far as I know using the menus from the movie isn't possible.