1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i start

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by dvdnoob, Aug 10, 2004.

1. dvdnoob

dvdnoob Member

hey i have backed up some dvds and they have worked on my ps2 and other ps2's "without a chip" and now i need to back up a couple of my games they gettin scratched how do i go about this???

2. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

first of all,u need a modchip or swapmagic cd,to play ur backup games.second use decrypter mode-iso-read,and then mode-iso-write.u can get the program here for free.i do my dvd movies and my ps2 games with dvd decrypter,i have not had a problem yet.backedup 13 of my ps2 games.and i use swapmagic cds.

3. dvdnoob

dvdnoob Member

ah ok i have dvd decrypter so i will use that.. those swap magic discs is there any way i can make one by using anything off this site or do i have to buy them from somewhere....

4. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

sorry but u can't make a copy of those disc.cause it won't work.i got my swapmagic disc's and slide card for modchip.com.make sure u get the one with the slide card cause u will need it.they sell the disc's by them self to,just in case something happens to them.got mine in 3 days.hope that helps u out. odb

5. dvdnoob

dvdnoob Member

thanks, but i have just one more question. do i have to burn the game onto a dvd-r disc or do regular cd-r discs do the job??? as for the swap disc ill have to pick one up from the site you gave me. do they deliver to australia?

6. MXGzX

MXGzX Member

generally u'll have to put the games onto a dvdr but....if the ps2 game had a purple bottom, u can use a cd-r

also: the slidecard isn't the safest...I use a fliptop which I got at www.ps2fliptop.com (they have fliptops and swapmagic cd's and breaker pro cd's - they can't spell well but I've done business with them before and I was happy with what I got - u can also get and entire new case for your ps2, and it has a fliptop, from them)

7. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

yes i think they deliver to australia

8. dvdnoob

dvdnoob Member

ok so i used "DVDdecrypter" to rip my ps2 game now with the rip should it appear in the folder as a RAR file and a MDS file????

9. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

the thing to do with that is the following.dvd decrypter,go to mode and choose read-iso the should take about 5 to 6min.now to copy it to ur dvd-r go back to mode and choose write-iso mode.burn at 1x if ur dvd-r can. the slower the better,well for me it do,did 14 games that way at 1x and no bad ones yet.some people do it at 4x with no problem but i like 1x. hope that help's u out, let me know. odb

10. nivek41

nivek41 Member

If you are still looking for swapmagic and the slide card let me know. I have one that I'm looking to sell. I decided to get a chip in my ps2 and don't have a need for it anymore. I also have an HD Loader that I don't need anymore. I will sell them for less than any online store will sell them for.

11. dvdnoob

dvdnoob Member

thanx odb but i wont know how ive done til i order a swap magic disc im still waiting for my pay day before i can use my friends credit card all send u a pm when i know for sure...