1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Totally Restart My Psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jonfuture, Dec 8, 2007.

1. jonfuture

jonfuture Guest

Ya so i got mines used and was able to restart the default settings, but when it comes to Security settings it keeps asking me 4 my 4-digit Password and i have no idea what to do....I meen there has to be someway to restart it so i can put my own password in right??

2. Hardball

Hardball Regular member

i may not be right! but you can try to reset your password by typing in all 0000 and i think that will reset the password! its worth a try

3. jonfuture

jonfuture Guest

Nah it didnt work...But thanks anyway man...God its soooo annoying because i could be using the net but i need the password to do it

4. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

go to the PSP settings and say restore default settings, it will remove password and some other stuff but not actual data from the MS just some internal settings

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I read that you need to reset default settings and that resets the pass to 0000 for the security code.

So after you reset the default settings type in 0000 as the pass to get into the parental settings. You should then be able to turn off parental controller.

I tested and it worked for me.

You are asking about the parental control pass correct? Or are you talking about a secured wireless connection pass?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  6. jonfuture

jonfuture Guest

THANKS ALOT!! Hardball , 07anto07 , and larrylje that did the trick now i have my own password on thier i really appreciate the help and look forward to helping out on this forum...

7. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

no problem

8. aznclem

aznclem Member

hm... how do i change the pass? is it the same as reseting it?

9. mrgooey

mrgooey Regular member

just reset the password. Then enter 0000 and make a new one

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you have never changed the password the password is already 0000. So go to change password and use 0000 when it ask for a password then it will let you change it.