1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I uninstall ConvertXtoDVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by corn, Jul 16, 2007.

1. corn

corn Guest

This may be in the wrong place, but I have found a new way to backup my DVD's, and I myself like it more than burning DVD's with ConvertXtoDVD.
    Now, I can't figure out to uninstall that darn thing, and I really do want it gone.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Corn

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

This is a no brainer....locate in program files, right click and then delete or you can go into My Computer,add or remove programs...locate program and then remove.

If I were you I would keep my ConvertX serial number in a safe place in case you ever wish to use it again.

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I agree w/ Gwen I'd hang on to ConvertX - nice program to at least have as a backup.

To uninstall though you need to install in control panel>add or remove programs then pick ConvertX & remove. This will use the windows uninstaller to correctly uninstall.

edit: typo :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  4. corn

corn Guest

I guess I am going to have to get rid of it the hard way, because its not listed in Add or Remove Programs, or in CCleaner. I looked under VSO and ConvertX, and its listed in either. So, do i just the whole foler of ConvertXtoDVD?

5. binkie7

Just deleting the folders in program files doesn't really uninstall the program.
    Folders and files for the software are also located in other directories along with the registry.
    You didn't by chance uninstall already?
    Try looking under DivxtoDVD - though it should be listed under ConvertX.
    You might want to check out the windows installer cleanup utility - link and see if it finds anything.

edit: typos again :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  6. czarman

czarman Member

Corn,

What is the new way to backup your DVD's? I thought ConvertXtoDVD was a pretty good program. I appreciate the education!

Thanks,

Czarman

7. corn

corn Guest

Nope, not even listed in there. Ive been using Shrink with DVDFab. Idk, I guess im just going to have to keep it, if theres nothing else that you can help me with.

8. binkie7

I'm thinking it's somehow uninstalled (?) unless you have like a virus screwing things up. Still have the ConvertX shortcut on your desktop?
    Run ccleaner - issues option and see if you find any uninstaller ref's to convertX.

Shrink and DVDFab just do dvd backups - files that are DVD compliant.
    ConvertX is good for converting avi,wmv files etc to dvd compliant files.

9. corn

corn Guest

Nope nothing, and I did a virus scan with Trend Micro, and nothing.
    So, idk. I use DVDFab to rip the DVDs onto my computer, and I backup with Shrink. Is there another technique you would suggest?

10. binkie7

For dvd backups those are good.

ConvertX isn't really used for dvd backups - it's for like when you download an avi, wmv etc file and need to convert it to a dvd that will play on a dvd player.

11. corn

corn Guest

Ohh. What I used it for was to combine the episodes I liked most onto one DVD that I took off of a season. I'll probably end up keeping it, since there isn't much else I can do about it.

Thanks!
    Corn

12. 2colors

2colors Guest

I bought the gold membership at 30% off last week and ConvertXtoDvd does show up in Add/Remove programs.