1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i uninstall Nero 7 completely off from Vista?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jdmnino, Apr 2, 2007.

1. jdmnino

jdmnino Member

Hi all, I just recently bought Nero 7 Essential and I have Windows Vista. I should have done more research on the product before buying, but I never had a problem with Nero with my PC. Well when installing the product, Nero has a popup that says the install cannot complete. So Im trying to remove Nero but when uninstalling the program it denies me access. Im a little lost right now and would like to remove everything off my laptop that has Nero, any help would do, thanks!

BTW this is the message that pops up when Im trying to install and uninstall Nero:

"A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I have tried using Neros clean up tool but it doesnt work, the easiest way possible, Im not computer smart, thanks in advance!

2. vfrpilot

vfrpilot Member

jdmnino~

Have you gone into Control panel/Hardware & Sounds/Programs/Programs & features/Uninstall Programs?
    There you might find the dreaded Nero. Click and remove. Try that.

3. jdmnino

jdmnino Member

Yes i've tried that a dozen times and its still the same, i dont know what to do anymore

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Just to let you know that only versions from 7.5.9.0 are Vista compatable.

5. zapatero

zapatero Member

This is an idea. I do not use Vista.
    Backup your data to another hard disk or to CD/DVD (use ImgBurn or Vista´s own software), and restore the factory image provided by the computer manufacturer.

6. hambledon

hambledon Member

Jdmnimo,go to ccleaner.com download v.1.38.485 click tool ,then uninstall anythings u/ see. goodluck.

7. jdmnino

jdmnino Member

I ran CCleaner and when i chose to uninstall Nero, it seemed like it was trying to reinstall Nero instead of uninstall. Towards the end it just shuts off saying what i posted in my first post

8. zapatero

zapatero Member

I suppose CCleaner and the Vista applet do the same thing - run the uninstaller program.