1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do i unlock region on liteon lvw 5001 dvd recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by greenthum, Oct 6, 2004.

1. greenthum

greenthum Member

can anyone tell me how to unlock the regions on my liteon lvw 5001 dvd recorder as we went to the us in the summer and my son bought some wrestling dvds ntsc region1 and wants to watch em otherwise we have to put up withthe modded ps2 wirring away to watch em

ta

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

3. greenthum

greenthum Member

ta bruther will try it later

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Here's another link ... this one gives you a macrovision hack and a 3 hour recording hack also ...

http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/liteon.htm

... How do you like your 5001? I have a 5005 and it is a really great recorder ...

5. whompus

whompus Active member

If your not confortable with using a hack the macrovision remove and region free or any region you prefer is there already. Just select main menu go down to highlight exit press #s 2,9,6,0 and enter there is hidden menu to select region. With region free selected macrovision and I guess css also is removed. I dont have the 5001 but did buy the cheep ilo from walmart which seems to be the liteon just rebadged. I tested it by choosing region free and doing dvd to dvd for testing purposes with lion king and recordes like a charm.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]OXXXX{>>>>>>>>> visit a sponsor <<<<<<<<<}XXXXO [/small]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  6. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Step 3 of the link I provided will tell you that ... after you get to the hidden menu, it also suggests that you select "0" ... this makes your unit "region free" ...

7. whompus

whompus Active member

Yep. I didnt look in your link till after.
    That 3 hour record time looks promising. I may try it to see if it can be implemented into the ilo myself. To record a show that is 2 1/2 hours long would make better quality with 3 hour selection then 4.

8. greenthum

greenthum Member

many thanks gents for the help unlocking was dead easy, my son is well pleased and so am i not to have the ps2 whiring away, lvw 5001 dvd rec is much better than my first one a mustek, the recording system was a nightmare on that one.

still many thanks again

9. croc500

croc500 Member

whompus, I went to the secret screen, selected region free, but when I go to record, it still does not record and says copy protected media or something like that. Any suggestion? Im new at this, also if I have to install a hacked firmware, how exactly do I do this, as far as recording it to cd-rw and stuff, is there any place I can find some step by step instructions for a newbie that has very limited reading time.

10. croc500

croc500 Member

by the way I also have the Ilo from walmart

11. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I'm not sure exactly how to accomplish the hacks on the LVW-5001 ... My recommendation is to go to this forum ...

http://forum.liteonit.com.tw/

... If they can't help you there, you won't find any LiteOn help ... period ...