1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW DO I UNLOCK XBOX HARD DRIVE WITH OUT EEPROM?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by AzN_T3CH, Dec 22, 2005.

1. AzN_T3CH

AzN_T3CH Member

i have a maxtor 120gb hard drive thats locked to a mobo that fried and i dont have a back up of the eeprom... i was jus wondering is tehe anyway to unlock the hard drive with a software or somehting?? the data in the hard drive i dont relaly care about so... all i want is to unlock the drive so i can use it like any other ide hard drive

2. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Stick it into a PC or a PS2 and format it. Then stick it into an xbox and format it for Xbox. Or just use the OS on your modchip to reformat it.

OOOOOOOR, you can just use your chip to lock it again, if you want

3. ocogbogu

ocogbogu Member

4. CauseLs

CauseLs Regular member

Unfortunately, he can't hotswap from a dead motherboard, much less format it in a locked state! Not to attack the previous responses, just correcting their methods (some people get so defensive when they are corrected).

There are three approaches:

1.) You can try to figure out specificially what is wrong with the xbox and fix that, but that might be rather difficult. If the problem is not that major, I'm sure you could find the parts to fix it. From there would be the easiest fix, use a tool like "Config Magic" or "EvoX" to unlock it.

2.) If you used something like "Xboxhdm" to create the drive, there may be a default master password; which over-rides the eeprom lock key. "Xboxhdm" (depending on where you got the tool from) usually has the master password "xbox-scene" or something similar. So, research whatever you used to lock the drive in the first place with and there may be a master password.

3.) If you are unable to find the correct master password or fix your xbox; then, the ONLY other way to unlock this drive in your situation is using this tutorial: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/recover-locked-hd.php

It matches exactly what your problem is, however, it involve some pretty decent soldering skills.

Good Luck!