1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I upgrade Devhook0.46 to a newer version so I can play newer games?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by EdRooney, Jul 4, 2007.

1. EdRooney

EdRooney Member

I have a TA-082 MOBO originally v2.81 downgraded to v1.50

I have installed and am successfully playing games using Devhook v0.46 but this only goes up to v2.71 and when I try to start a lot of the newer games I get a message telling me I must upgrade!

ALL I want to do is upgrade Devhook to allow me to play the newer stuff.

Apologies if there is a thread already for this but I am dizzy looking through the various forums!

I have even read that Devhook may not be the way to go? That confuses me even more!

Please can someone help me as to what it is I need to do?

Finally I would like to know if there is any chance of BRICKING the PSP if I change from what I have?

Thanks

Ed

2. mikeyb75

mikeyb75 Member

hi there. i had the same problem. i was using dev hook and kept getting the upgrade thingy when someone told me about 3.40oe-a. so i un installed devhook and gave it a whirl. it worked a treat. now i am playing some of the newest games. go for it man

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@EdRooney

If you are interested in going up to firmware 3.40 OE-A post back and I'll walk you through the entire thing. Also if you didn't know 3.40 OE-A is not a Sony firmware. It was custom coded by a gentleman named Dark_AleX. It is basically a mashup of firmware 3.40 and 1.5. So with it you get the ability to play homebrew like on a 1.5 and you get the ability to do everything that the newer firmwares can do. Also there is no need for devhook or a loader program, as you can simply drop the iso onto your memory stick and play it right off the game menu just as you would with a regular game.

4. EdRooney

EdRooney Member

Thank you for your help.

A walkthrough would be great.

I have got a copy of 340oeEasy... is it any good? Or shall I follow your wise words?!

Thanks

Ed

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Yeah the 3.40 OE-A easy installer is the way to go. It is simpler and eliminates any chance of human error. Anyway I got to go now sorry something just came up and I got to leave, but expect a walkthrough from me by the end of the day if not sooner:)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  6. mikeyb75

mikeyb75 Member

i used the easy installer worked a treat. All you have to do is transfer 2 files and that was it.

7. EdRooney

EdRooney Member

Thanks folks

I have the Winstaller. I think I will still wait til tomorrow to get the walkthrough to compare!

Cheers Fella

Ed

8. mikeyb75

mikeyb75 Member

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@EdRooney

Well as my walkthrough I was going to explain the upgrade process and then show you how do setup the PSP to play iso's and what not. If you want to go to 3.40 OE-A now to test it out; then first format your memory card, put your psp in USB mode, and run the winstaller. Now before you downgrade make sure you have at least 75% battery life and that your charger is plugged in. Remember if the battery falls out while upgrading your PSP will be trashed. Install it and post any additional questions you may have.