1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I use a swap magic fix?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by admanaus, Nov 30, 2004.

1. admanaus

admanaus Member

What do I need to do after dwonloading a swap magic fix inorder to get a game to work? ClockTower 3 for example...
    Thanks

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

Well you load up your swap magic dvd then use whatever method you use to swap discs and put in the cdloader*.

*Cd loader, the file you get should have an iso in it or a bin. Burn the bin with alcohol. I would try and get dvd loader as clock tower is a dvd game. You can get the dvd loader from ps2ownz.com. Just burn the iso file that is with dvd loader with decrypter.

After the cd/dvd loader has booted press x and select the beta 3 option. Now when back at the loader main screen hit eject and put in ur swap magic dvd and hit eject again to send it int. Wait for it to load up and hit x. Now on the next screen swap for ea method use your fliptop or slide card to put ur backup game in. and hit x when it's in.

3. admanaus

admanaus Member

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll give it a shot. Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between alcohol and decrypter? Can Ahead Nero version 6 do the same thing?

4. admanaus

admanaus Member

It worked! Thank you so much, teggy! I hope someone else will find and be able to use this thread. Thanks again!

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

Alcohol can do the same job as Decrypter but not when you start it up. You have to change settings. Generally though I just use alcohol for PS1 backups and Decrypter for all DVD Backups.

And about Nero, well I don't use Nero so I cannot help you there. However I think Nero can be used to backup games, but if you have DVD Decrypter there isn't much point to use nero for PS2 games.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  6. ecdarius

ecdarius Member

where did u get a swap magic fix? all the swap magics i download dont work.

7. teggy

teggy Regular member

You have to burn cdloader to disc, generally that is the most used fix. The others I haven't used yet so I don't know, but it has a link for most of the fixes at the top of www.swapmagicfix.com with instructions.

8. ecdarius

ecdarius Member

thankz for the quick replay. if itz not 2 much trouble can u tell me what i need 2 get so i can boot up my back ups or downloaded ps2 games? i read on here that u could not copy or use a downloaded swap magic disc. i ordered one and should be here soon but just trying 2 see if itz other ways 2 get it.....thankz.

9. teggy

teggy Regular member

Well swap magic is fine, I use that. If you go to www.swapmagicfix.com, the site I mentioned above. It will tell you there which games need a fix and for which version of PS2.