1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i use xbe files?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by Venus92, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Venus92

Venus92 Member

I am completly new at this.
    I have just downlaoded mortal kombat deception and there where a bunch of xbe files.I tried everything to open it but nothing works.Could someone please help me out?

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

what are you trying to open it on ? if its the computer u can try with an emulator im prety sure that it wont work if its on the xbox it should go straight into the game.

3. Venus92

Venus92 Member

I am trying to open it on my computer.I have tryd an emulator caled Cxbx but it just turns any xbe file into an application and when i run the application it just shows this message "this application has failed to start because Cxbx.dll was not found.Re-instaling the application may fix this problem".So what should i do now ? Please help.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

yimmmy, max lines for a text only sig is 5...fix yours to forums specs ASAP!

5. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

yea cxbx dosent work for crap. if your trying to emulate it i think you might be out of luck . if you want to open it to see like what game it is and info about it use creXtion x

6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

yimmmy, still too big bud...I count six lines.

7. varnull

varnull Guest

But cxbx wasn't really meant to be a game playing engine.. It is more of an xbe rebuilder for making homebrew games, and investigating the hacking of saves.. that kind of thing. If memory serves right what you did was open the xbe with cxbx and then use a signature tracing/hex editor application to look for where game saves were signed/verified. It's how most of the trainers were built.

Obviously, if your system doesn't have cxbx.dll then nothing will run.. The only game ever to work is turok, and some garbled parts of halo.. not much game there.

The person behind cxbx is caustik. I'm pretty sure he is still around, but somebody with his coding skills will have moved on to other things by now. Haven't seen or heard anything of him for the last year or so. A little searching should uncover your missing file if you want to investigate this emulator and it's homebrew/save hacking capabilities further.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  8. Venus92

Venus92 Member

I have just downloaded craxtion4 and when i run it it gives my an error.What do i do now?

9. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

well it would be nice if you tell us what error your getting.
    i know cxbx isnt an emu it just tells you what game the xbe is .

10. Venus92

Venus92 Member

The error says "the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135).I dont get it,what deos this mean?

11. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

wait im sory for that post before i said "cxbx isnts an emu"
    that is wrong . i ment creaxtion x..
    yea cxbx dosnet realy work with any games are you getting this error when you try to open a game? or when you are trying to install it?

12. varnull

varnull Guest

@ yimmmy.. just a suggestion. Until you learn quite a lot more can I suggest you leave the skilled stuff to the pros? No harm in asking/learning but unless you have either a pretty good idea how to do something, or maybe an alternative suggestion on a problem then keep shtum eh??
    I know caustik quite well... we talked a bit around 4 years ago.. I have used cxbx to make trainers and hacked game saves.. also built a couple of simple homebrew games with it... and gave code feedback when it was in development...
    At the moment you are just making yourself look like an idiot. ;)

Now craxtion error.. sounds like a broken install.. either try installing it again, or just use clonexb !!!... why do n00bs insist on using the most complicated homebrew xiso creator when there are simple one click fast tools out there for free??

This thread is about cxbx, not craxtion.. start a new thread or look for your answer in the xbox backups section.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2008