1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do I view still images

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Jhill1989, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Jhill1989

Jhill1989 Member

I bought a mini DVD camcorder that can also capture still images.
    I can put the DVD into my PC and view the movies........but I cant figure out how to view the still images.....someone please help me!!!
    I am using DVD+R discs.

2. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

That's probably because most recorders don't REALLY take still images--most of them [any that i've seen, anyways] just do something called taking 'stills on the fly'; so let's say you're recording video of so-and-so; but then you decide to take a still image--well; at that exact moment when you take the still image; you're technically still filming video of that person; so what I'm saying is that your camera probably didn't actually save those images in separate files---I bet those images are actually a part of the video.

So; what you should do is find the exact point in the part of your video where you took your still images; and you should then be able to see how the still pictures turned out.

Now; if you really want to 'extract' those pictures out of the video; the best and easiest way I know of is just to hit the 'prt scrn' key on the keyboard to take a screenshot; and then paste it into the Paint program [or any image editor]and edit it to your satisfaction.

Lastly; another thing to do is simply to look @ the manual for your camera and find out if there's something that we're missing here.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007