1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do play downloaded games....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kid17, Apr 17, 2007.

1. kid17

kid17 Member

hi my brother just let me have his ps2 i dont have anys game yet so i downloade some at a torrent site (metalslug,callofduty,etc...)k so once i finished that i tried burning them(isofile) into a blank cd-r and a DVD-R using imgburn the burning completed but once i inserted into my ps2 it just said please insert a ps2 disk format ...i also downloaded swap magic 3 at the torrent and tried burning that as well using imgburn but it said the same thing what should i do plez help..

2. steimy

steimy Active member

1. you need an original copy of Swap Magic, not one you downloaded.
    2. you also need one other mod so start searching for which one, depending on what version your PS2 is (fat or slimline)

no downloaded games arte going to play on an unmodded system, also you have to make sure you use good quality media. If you do not kow what that is then find a blank media guide.

3. kid17

kid17 Member

olright im a try buy swap magic on line and also so no downloaded games from torrent

4. mrphantom

mrphantom Member

why are we giving this guy advice? he's openly discussing piracy ...

5. kid17

kid17 Member

ha...<>

6. steimy

steimy Active member

mrphantom, i am not helping with piracy. I am telling him what he needs to play back up games, not where to go and download them.

7. mrphantom

mrphantom Member

lol - steimy,

this forum has a clear 'no piracy allowed' policy.

I am fully aware that the advice you gave was how to backup a ps2 game, and fully legitiamte for anyone wishing to do just that.

this joker has come along, and openly told us he downloads titles illegally, and wants advice on how to play them?

why did you even bother helping him? some of us here use this site legitimatly .. you're just as bad as kid17 ...

as for you kid17 - learn to read and write. if you could do either, then you wouldnt have to post your initially laughable post ...

8. steimy

steimy Active member

Look, it is very simple. If you do not feel like answering the question, or are offended by it. Then don't answer it. Simply move onto the next post.

I agree 100% that it is not a smart move to post threads that say you are clearly downloading illegal material. It is a public forum after all.

But trust me, you do not need to quote the forum rules to me, it doesn't say newbie under my name now does it.

9. kid17

kid17 Member

im sorry if i caused any inconvienience we all know that my question was related to piracy but why do u come out of no where buttying in MR(wanna be)PHANTOM OooooooooooKAY(wierdo)>>>>> my question was to somebody that will help me not to somebody that will just waist there typing but lets just close this issue as for steimy thank u for ur advice it got me to where i wanted to get.... i got the products u told me to get and acomplished the question that i asked>>>> and we all know me and u got the last laugh. HA,,,,[/b]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007