1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do u burn Xbox 360 iso w/o the dvd file?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by funnybone, Sep 25, 2007.

1. funnybone

funnybone Member

I have no problem burning Xbox 360 games that come with 2 files (iso file and dvd file) and I also burn the dvd file with img burn...no problem. But when I burn the dvd file that doesn't come with the dvd file, the game will not load. Does anyone know how to rectify this problem? I noticed that when I burn the iso file (without the dvd file), the layer break is not 1913760, it is like 3XXXXXX. Would setting the layer break in img burn to 1913760 help? Any suggestion guys!
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

just make the dvd file in notepad
  4. JohnyBoy2

JohnyBoy2 Member

Hi mate I am asuming you mean the .dvd file that comes with the iso you download if you some how dont get the .dvd file then you can create you own.

1. downlaod xdvdmulleter http://files.filefront.com/XDVDMulleterBeta8rar/;7684085;/fileinfo.html

2. Once downloaded and extracted load xdvdmulleter up highlight view iso and click next

3. load the iso from dvd drive or file (most likely file if you dl) once loaded click next

4. at the bottom of the window you will see a box of options like stealth, video, other and so on click on other then select make .dvd file

5. make sure you save the file the same as you iso file by default it will do this and there you go you have a .dvd file with the correct layer break

next time just look through the sticky's and you will find everything you are looking for trust me i'm a noob to or I was 2 weeks ago till I found this site :)
  5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Manually set the layer break to 1913760 in ImgBurn you don't need the DVD file. You can directly burn the ISO if you like. Note, Xbox 1 games have a different layer break.
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2007
  6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

instead of downloading mulleter for that, just open a notepad file and type

gamename.iso
    Layerbreak= 1913760
  7. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes, see the last two answers as they are actually correct. The DVD file is basically a useless little file that everyone THINKS they need when in reality it does nothing more then tell your program what ISO (which you already know) to burn, and where the layer break is (which is the same on every game)

in case you do not already know how to manually set the layer break in IMGburn or DVD Decrypter

tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  8. funnybone

funnybone Member

Thx a bunch guys, I decided to use xdvdmulleter to create the .dvd file and everything came out rosey. Can't do it without all your help guys. cheers!
  9. bosanci28

bosanci28 Member

how do i shrink the iso game from 7.05gb to a single dvd 4.7gb on the xbox 360?
  10. pilferd

pilferd Regular member

you cant - at least if u want to burn a 360 game - i beleive the 360 will only read DVD+R DL ...

now if it was a PS2 game u can do so by deleting or downsampleing the videos and cutscenes ...

just cop Verbatim DVD+R DL discs - well worth the investment and the quality of the disc is the closest u can get to a authentic 360 Disc ...

if u dont have a dual layer burner then u might as well grab one - they are under $99 now so u'll be good ...
  11. bosanci28

bosanci28 Member

so if i get a dvd+r dl you think will be possible to burn the file?,,i have xbox 360,,,

2 files 1-dvd file 40 bytes and 1-iso 7.05gb ,
    what you recommand program and speed?,, thanks in advance for any help
  12. pilferd

pilferd Regular member

without a doubt - thats the only way u can burn 360 games ... buy ur burner and go to the manufacturers website and check to see if there is a firmware update for it (should jus be a small file u can DL and double click)

buy a pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL discs - they are rather expensive but they are the closest thing u can get to an authentic 360 discs ...

when u get the discs and the burner and update the firmware (if available) follow these steps to burn ur .dvd and .iso file:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/573171/3468344

if uve done everything i just said u should have a sucessful burn ...
  13. bosanci28

bosanci28 Member

the burner i have is: samsung sh-s182m w/the latest firmware,,
    i found a program called"xdvdmulleter beta 10.1"" they say this program will rebuild the iso to a single dvd 4.7gb!,,did you tryed to see if it works?,,thanks
  14. pilferd

pilferd Regular member

really? sounds interesting - never heard of it be interesting to find out if it does work ...
  15. bosanci28

bosanci28 Member

i did with that program,, i made to 1 dvd but i burned and put in the 360 ,,,and no go,,,next i have to try with double layer dvd to see if it works
  16. bosanci28

bosanci28 Member

so if i burn on a dvd+r dl what file to burn? .dvd or .iso? file,, i use dvd decrypter and i set the break layer at 1913760,, is that good what speed ?,, thanks
  17. bosanci28

bosanci28 Member

i try with the imageburn and when i choose the to open the .iso file the program is tell me """ that i should choose the .dvd file!""
    and i was readind up that i dont have to choose the .dvd file!,,confuse what do i nned to burn so the game can work....
    thanks
  18. funnybone

funnybone Member

All u need to do is to select the .dvd file and imgburn will automatically know to associate this to the proper .iso file. Incase u don't have the .dvd file, just use xdvdmulleter to create the .dvd file ( see above). And use verbatim!!! good luck and cheers!
  19. bosanci28

bosanci28 Member

hei thanks for the reply,,and one last question for you :
    well i have the xbox360 halo edition, and i did not change any firmware or flashed with any file,,because you know will void waranty (i have 3 year waranty for it) ,,so if everything is with original firmware ,,,,will it still work with the verbatim dvd+r dl? thanks for your help,,
  20. pilferd

pilferd Regular member

thats strange - when i get that message it says it will load it for me this time but dont do it again ... but any other time i do it - it still loads for me ...

anyway - yeh follow Johnyboy's instructions and u'll be good ...

if u havent flashed ur 360 u wont be able to play backup (burned) games ... ur gonna have to void that warranty or try the hairdryer trick on the warranty seal ...

i but my 360 off of some dude so i had no receipt or warranty so i cant verify how well the hairdryer trick works ...
  21. Jonnyme

Jonnyme Member

So i just bought a modded xbox 360....

i have a macbook pro... will i be able to burn xbox 360 games off of it??? not sure if its dual layer