1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do u convert lame mp3 audio with tmpgenc

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gunit2004, Feb 5, 2004.

1. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

i am trying to convert a movie that has lame mpg 3 and cant find any info on it please can u help me thanks for your time

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

The problem isn"t that it is MP3 the Problem is that it is VBR MP3...What this Means is you will have to decompress the audio in the AVI file before encodeing to Mpeg...You can do this with V-Dub.....

3. bugsworth

bugsworth Member

I'm having similar probs. AVIs that I try to convert to M2V/MP2, having first extracted the audio using VirtualDub as though it is normal layer II MP3, will not encode using TMPGEnc. Press start, and it just sits there waiting. All these AVIs have Lame MP3. Is there a different way toe xtract audio on Lame 3, anyone? Thanks.

4. flyboi

flyboi Member

Hi guys! I was having similar problem when using Tmpgenc lastime. Now that i know how to solve most of the problem , i will gladly share for our benefits. They are a few problems with files that was encoded with MP3 with a variable bit rate(VBR).
    1)Video and audio is out of synch (Using nandub,
    virtualdub,virtualdubmod etc will solve the problem
    but not entirely)
    2)Estimated file size will show that disk capacity has
    been exceeded eventhough the file is actually
    smaller (350mb)
    3)Other problem that i haven't encountered(i hope not)
    First of all, what u need to do is to check the type of avi files that u want to convert.(eg. xvid,divx,video
    framerate like ntsc 29.97fps ntscfilm23.976fps pal25fps
    and the audio codec like ac3,cbr,vbr which all can be check using the GSpot software).
    Then in our case, for the MP3 problem. Go to the OPTION
    -Environmental setting-Vfapi plugin. You will see directshow with a priority of -1. Right click the directshow multimedia file reader and higher priority until the priority is 2 and it is at the top of the list. By doing this, directshow will have the priority
    above the other plugin to decompress the audio. And by doing this it will solve the 2 major problem that i have listed above. Then u can go to the project wizard
    and do what u always do, but most important thing is u must use the correct video framerate that u can get from the GSpot, otherwise u might get a jerky picture.
    By using this guide u will get a smooth picture in synch with the audio.

Enjoy your conversion and don't forget to reset the priority of the directshow to recommended setting if u want to convert avi files with cbr audio, otherwise u might get no audio.

Cheers :D

5. gunit2004

gunit2004 Guest

hay man thanks alot u aren the only person to tell me this can you just tell me the full settings you use in tmpgenc and a quick guide on how to use virtual dub and what version i need and where can i get it
    thanks a lot will try it in the morning thanks
    thanks thanks
    would it be ok to send you a pm if i get stuck
    thanks