1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do u copy you DVD+R's u allreayd burned a movie with

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by keithyb, Dec 5, 2003.

1. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

well..i burned a DVD...and i dont want to leave it on my hard drive. I figured i could just re copy it. When i go to copy it none of my CD ROM drives read the DVD. Like its not there..but it works in all DVD players..?? how would u get around that? if u could?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi keithyb,
    Well I read your post a few times and I'm still not sure...
    1. You have a DVD that was burned from video files still on your hard drive.
    2. This disc plays in DVD players.
    3. You want to copy this disc using your CD-ROM to read the DVD so that the video files on your hard drive can be removed.

Is this what you mean?
    Are you trying to read a DVD with a CD-ROM? What did you use to record the DVD with? Can't you read it with the DVD burner you used to burn the DVD with? How did you get video files on your hard drive. If you downloaded them, please refer to the forum rules.

Frank

3. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

Oh well.....I couldnt understand the question either!!

cheezzzz

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Had to read it about 19 times and Im still not sure.

5. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Yes fast frank correct....i burned a DVD to my drive... then Burned it to a DVD+R ...I want to make copys now of my DVD + R...but which ever cd rom drive i have ( i have 3) it says the disk is blank and shows no files on it....i want to copy my DVD+R .... got me? and now my DVD burner drive does not read it ..shows nothing..but the dvd plays fine in all videos Thanks FRANK!

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi again, Could you tell me more about your system? What program did you use to get your original DVD files onto your hard drive (ripping)and what did you use to burn those files to a blank disc. Sorry for all the questions. You can make your posts here as long as you like, the more information we have the easier it is to figure out a solution to your problem. :D
    Frank

7. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Ok...i Just had nemo burned... my DVD+R drive can read it... i sea the 2 folders it made one for audio one for sound...but my other 2 drives wont read it. I can't copy disk to disk them i ill have to put it back on my hard drive then burn it to another disk then right?
    im using DVD shrink 3.0 beta 5 with nero ..i think its version 5.5

8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Your CD drives will not read a DVD. CDs only! A DVD drive can read both DVDs and CDs.
    Go into Windows explorer and make a new folder, name it VIDEO_TS (all capital letters!) Make sure there is enough room on your hard drive to hold the 4.36 gigs of video files. Take the original disc and put it in your DVD drive, close any media player that may open. Open Shrink. Select the "Open Disc" icon. A drop down menu will appear, select the drive with the movie in it. Use Shrink to decrypt and compress your movie, follow the guide here: http://www.dvdshrink.info/ when completed you will select the "Backup!" icon. When the Backup DVD window opens use the browser to find your VIDEO_TS folder and Shrink will put your video files in there for you. This process is called "ripping"!
    Once DVD Shrink has finished, close it. You are now ready to use Nero to "burn" your blank disc.
    Remove the original disc from your DVD burner and put in a blank disc. Open Nero and using the guide for your version, burn your new copy!
    If you want to use the files on your hard drive I would try to put them in a VIDEO_TS folder and then burn them. I wouldn't try to put them through Shrink again.
    Let us know if this helps! :)
    Frank_X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  9. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Ok ill try that! but...i acctually havd one CD burner the other is a DVD burner and reader and the other is just a DVD player....so that should work if i went to copy them? but it shows nothing on it oh well...ill try that

10. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I've got a bunch of coasters. Took me a while to figure this stuff out too, but once you do it a few times it becomes easy. The guides I mentioned helped me out more than anything else, take a look at them, they are quite good.
    F

11. keithyb

keithyb Regular member

Man, thanks for all your help! It has been great help! TTy later
    K

12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi keithyb, If you are trying to burn a copy on the fly,(DVD movie to DVD blank) its not the best way to do it unless you have a very fast and powerful system. Second, if you just want to make a second copy of a burned movie, just use any of the software disc copy programs in Nero, Roxio, or Recordnow. When doing disc copy this way, you only use 1 drive (the burner) which copies it to HD 1st, then burns it back to blank. Hope this helps
    Jerry