1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do u go online with ur ps2.. WIRELESSLY

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by abc43, Feb 6, 2005.

1. abc43

abc43 Member

please add ur replies of ways to go onlne WIRELESSLY.. my router is 2 floors up.. i am not running no cable all the way so please only right in wireless ways.. exclude phone lines.. my router is linksys b type.. thanks.. and yes the connection does reach through that area cuz i tried it on my laptop and the connection was "excellent" and downloaded approx 150 kbps. on average

2. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

they sell ethernet adapters and bridges for that. they are quite expensive though.

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

First off, I just wanna say that being 2 floors away from the wireless router and getting that good of a connection is crazy! Then again, if I remember right, the 802.11b router does have really good range, but has the worst wireless connection speed in the 802.11 family. Anwyays, on to your question...

Sony didn't install an Ethernet port, which sucks! This means that for online gaming, wireless or not, you need to spend $40.00 for the adapter. Along with the adapter, you need the wireless adaptor for the ps2, this is called the wireless bridge. An example of one of these is the D-Link DWL-G810. An average cost of a decent wireless bridge is around $100, which obviously is not cheap! That is all you will need to play online wirelessly.

Here is another way of going wireless, but without the high costs. I have never tried this device before, but I have heard many good things about it...

The device is called the Nyko Net Extender. The Net Extender consists of two small black boxes that communicate with one another. It is pretty much an invisible Ethernet cable. One of the boxes connects to your mode/router and the other connects to your console. It provides 1.5 Mbps communication, which is good enough for gaming. Since the signal is RF, the 2 walls you are going through should not be a problem.