1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do u make BitTorrent download faster? i have been searching the answer for days.

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by sherman1, Aug 24, 2007.

1. sherman1

sherman1 Member

I have done everything and cannot figure out how to get my downloads to go faster. they are currently 1-7 KB
    I tested my computer speed and my internet speed tested at 10.9 megabits per second. Which is unbeleivable.
    I checked windows firewall is turned off as well as mcafee firewall.
    I have comcast high speed internet and this is one computer it is not linked with another.
    Any suggestions. HELP!!!

2. jazbebies

jazbebies Guest

Are you using a router or just a modem?

You will need to open up ports if using a router.

Also if comcast supports fair usage policy then the download speed will be significantly slower during peak hours.

3. sherman1

sherman1 Member

I am using a modem no router. My speed was tested right before I posted this thread. I turned off the mcafee firewall but i never restarted bit torrent. I restarted bit torrent and now have speeds of about 40kb is that good?

4. jazbebies

jazbebies Guest

It really depends on the amount of peers there are uploading the torrent. I sometimes get the same speed, and at a later time it will increase or decrease depending whether the peers intend to continue seeding.

5. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Same here. Sometimes I start up and I get a 30-40KB/s download rate on a well seeded torrent. Like 100+ seeders and 400+ peers.

But I leave it until it gets up to speed and more people connect. Then I max out my connection at 350KB/s.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum