1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do u make them vcds??

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rizzocks, Sep 14, 2004.

1. rizzocks

rizzocks Member

hello everyone,
    im a bigtime noob when it comes to making a vcd's. i dont know how to make them at all, i know how to watch them, but dont know where to start when creating one. can someone please give me details as to how to make a vcd(from downloaded movies). Thank you all!!! :)

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The best (100% working) way to do this is:
    1) encode the movie(s) (1 CD = 70' of movie(s), the movie can be .AVI or .MPG) into a proper VideoCD .MPG (VCD is better than SVCD because the compatibility is higher) using TMPGenc
    2) load the properly encoded movie(s) with VCDEasy
    3) use as CD burner the VCDEasy's 'Virtual Image Recorder' and click 'Go' (it will create a C:\your dir\videocd.CUE , C:\your dir\videocd.BIN set )
    4) burn the videocd.BIN/videocd.CUE set with your favorite application (Alcohol, Nero, CDRWin...), then delete them from the HD to free space
    5) enjoy wathing your movie

3. rizzocks

rizzocks Member

alright....thanks a lot!!!! lemme go and give that a try, its sounds fairly easy....thanks again! is this the way most people make vcd's?

4. rizzocks

rizzocks Member

one more thing.....is there anyway to somehow fit a video file that doesnt fit on a disk....shrink it down somehow to make it fit??? (e.g. file that is 1hr 45mins long into 80mins)????