1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do u no if a psp is bricked

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by locus2, Aug 23, 2006.

1. locus2

locus2 Member

i dont no if mine is bricked or not what are the symtoms?
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

you turn it on and the green power light comes on but nothing is on the screen. if you determine it is a brick pm me and if u wanna sell it i will buy it.
  4. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

well there are alot of ways to check if ur psp is bricked. if u turn on ur psp and it is not on, that is one sign. i think it's pretty easy to tell if ur psp is not working. tell me what is wrogn with ur psp and i will give u an answer if it is bricked or not.
  5. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

if you turn it on and see the green light and there is nothing on the screen its a brick. as simple as that. were you trying to flash something prior to this happening.
  6. locus2

locus2 Member

oh ok it aint bricked ill get my dad to fix it he good with electronic(masters degree lol) ty for help all
  7. johncchc

johncchc Regular member

ur father is not going to be able to fix it.
  8. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

i wouldnt make such a bold statement. i purchased a psp that was supposedly bricked and i fixed it. theres a good possibility he could if it isnt bricked. something could have wiggled loose or his lcd could of went out. as long as it isnt bricked u can fix it. even if it is bricked u can fix a psp. all it takes is a new motheboard.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  9. locus2

locus2 Member

and by the way my dad did fix it , dont doubt my dad....
  10. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

What was wrong with the PSP???
  11. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

i'm kinda nervous that mine is too. my nephew was playin the iso on there, and his dumbass friend popped the umd out and it doesn't work now. i'm just getting the green light too, but would it be able to brick like that?
  12. locus2

locus2 Member

well, the lever at the bottom of the umd drive(makes it load) jamed so every time i booted the psp it would try to load but nothin would be in there so it would jus load nothin and the startin screen wouldnt come up ... its fine now yay!
  13. AcidMagna

AcidMagna Guest

a psp can act bricked cose its trying to acsses vital files wen flashed or been touched so always cheak a few weeks or days later to see if its showing
  14. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

should i take everything out of it in the meantime (mem stick,umd,charger etc)?
  15. Sparsh

Sparsh Regular member

Simple man u turn on ur PSP nothin comes up on seceen and u cant hear the click sound of the button then the PSP is pretty much bricked and if u hear the sounds then the LCD or Backlight is dead!

If u got a brick get the UP instead of a MOBO!
  16. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

i think it's bricked because it's still not comin on

i took everything out (battery, mem card,umd) after charging the battery for half the day

put just the battery in and still didn't work. just a green light with no sound from the umd or anything.

i didn't know if that could ruin the flash or not by taking the umd out while in the middle of emulation because we were playin the game?
  17. enral

enral Regular member

that's scary..i didn't know that taking out the umd while playing ur iso/cso will brick ur psp..anyone can clarify with him?
  18. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

it wont brick it. I have taken mine out before just to see what it would do. All it does is bring you the same screen when you press the homebutton. if you end up determining it is bricked tho pm me and I will buy it off ya.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  19. beatz2005

beatz2005 Regular member

i'm wish i could confirm it. when i opened up the umd, the screen just went black. and that was the end of it. how much would u want for it if it is bricked
  20. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

were arent allowed to make deals in the forums. if you're serious about selling it then pm me and we can talk.
  21. gio25

gio25 Member

In my case, I was beginning to pay a ISO but the game suddenly freeze and the it turned off, I turn it the back on but nothing happens, the green light turns on but nothing else happens, after a couple of second it turns off, it is bricked?, if not how can I fix it?