1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do u tell if ur TA-082 motherboards dead?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by broc455, May 6, 2007.

1. broc455

broc455 Regular member

ok, heres the story. I gave my PSP to a guy at the computer swap meet (like a sunday market for computers) and I bricked or semi-bricked my PSP and asked if he could unbrick it and put a mod chip in it to prevent this from happenong again. So he said "i'll take it back to the shop and see if it can be recovered for u" then he said "it'll cost another 160$(ausie currency) to give u a new motherboard if its dead" so what i did was leave him my phone number and all that and he'll give me a call if its recoverable. now what i'm sceptical about is how he might cheat me out of 160$. So i wanna scare him a little by my knowledge. So what i wanna no is how u can tell if a motherboard is dead or not so i can tell.

2. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

what does it do when you turn it on?
    are you on custom firmware?
    you can tell if its bricked just by turning it on .
    and mod chips dont work with a ta-082 motherboard so if your wanting a chip ull have to get a new motherboard anyway. iv seen them somewhere with custom firmware already installed for somet like £50english so $121aus. but dont remember where it was. but i did see them so.

3. broc455

broc455 Regular member

DON'T WORK ON TA-082 MOTHERBOARDS!!!! OMFG! I just gave this guy my PSP!!!! crap. he looked straight at the motherboard (u no when u open the umd drive and theres a a jumble of letters and numbers on it that tell u which mobo it is) gees he's have to no. well anyway i'll answer ur provided questions:
    When i turn it on it goes a quarter way through the opening movie thing then freezes.
    Yes i am on custom firmware and a well respected one of that too Dark Alexs 3.03 oe-c.
    And this guys asking me for 160 bucks ausie for the new motherboard just if its out.

4. broc455

broc455 Regular member

Oh and also i think there is a modchip that works on all motherboard (well TA-082-6)

5. broc455

broc455 Regular member

6. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

that doesnt sound bricked to me.
    if you can get to the recovery menu you safe. you should be able to if its getting that far.
    just reinstall 3.03oe-c and it should be sorted.

7. broc455

broc455 Regular member

yeh but i already gave it into this guy a computer swap meet but anyway the oridginal question how do i tell if the mobo dead or not?

8. broc455

broc455 Regular member

o and adding onto my last message reply this may sound and bit newbie but how to i get the pic on the bottom of my message? lol

9. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Next time use edit button and yes u could fix it. Since u have cf a easy way of doing it is turn it on by holding R button and a sky blue or purple screen will go up go to toggle usb and connect it to comp in the game folder make a folder called recovery and in recovery put in the 1.50 eboot.pbp then go to run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP the sony installation screen should comp up and u can downgreade it to 1.5 then u can upgrade to custom firmware again. But u dont have the psp now so...
    And with the picture thing u hafta login click My Account click · Edit personal information and at the bottom will be a sig. type w/e u want there and for pictures u hafta upload it on photobucket or w/e and it will give u a fourm link then paste it in the sig area.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  10. broc455

broc455 Regular member

oh ok ty on tat (both things) and i have a problem with a picture to put on 1. don't understand how to put picture in and 2. my userbar thingo that changes pictures like every two seconds and tat from like xbox owner and PSP fan u no? well that a gif image and it stays on PSP user and doesn't change its a gif image right so it should.

11. broc455

broc455 Regular member

just testing this

12. broc455

broc455 Regular member

testing again

13. broc455

broc455 Regular member

again