1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Apply A Fix To A PS2 Backup?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by steeljay, Jan 7, 2005.

1. steeljay

steeljay Member

I primarily use DVD Decryptor and I am looking to make a backup of NFL Street 2. I just downloaded the Swap Magic Fix from swapmagicfix.com.

That is where I'm at. I am going to make an ISO file of NFL Street 2 right now, but from there I am clueless. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

2. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

ios read and ios write

3. steeljay

steeljay Member

I know how to read and write a file using DVD Decryptor....the only thing I have no idea about is how to apply a "fix" when using Swap Magic to play games.

4. CoorsLite

CoorsLite Guest

im sorry i don't know

5. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

this is pretty easy if you know what your doing...

go to swapmagicfix.com and go to the game your looking for.. download the "fix" which is a bin/cue file and you need to use Alcohol 120% or something that uses that type of file. Burn that to a [bold]CD[/bold] and use your SMD [bold]CD Booter[/bold](swap magic disk) and it has to be the [bold]CD BOOTER![/bold] when it says to load the disk put in the CD Loader or "fix" and it should load. Follow the instructions it says on the screen since i haven't seen it in a while... when it says to use the EA Method is the swap method with flip top [bold]OR[/bold] SMD card. Then that should have the fix. This should make it work! If you have any problems/questions please PM me or contact me!

Good Luck!
    Chris

6. hursty

hursty Active member

steeljay..there are tutorials on the swapmagicfix web site if you get stuck.
    regards hursty

7. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

If its a DVD Loader you need to boot then download the DVD Loader and burn it onto a DVD and then boot with SMD DVD booter and load the DVD Loader up and follow the instructions on the screen.

Good Luck!
    Chris