1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you backup on DL dvd+r?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smash22, Apr 21, 2007.

1. smash22

smash22 Regular member

I wanted to back up some cartoons i recorded and and made into a iso to be put on a dvd. The size came upto 7.5g (iso winrar form) so i know i have to use a dual layer disc which i have. Its a verbatim DL dvd+r, so my question is exactly how can i do it using dvd decrypter. thanks for the help guys...

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DVD Decrypter and ImgBurn are by the same author. LUK took the burner ware from DVD Decrypter and upgraded it to ImgBurn. ImgBurn is programmed to set the layer break and does a good job of setting up and building the ISO for a good DL recording. As MichaelP1 pointed out, it's the program to go with instead of Decrypter. 7.5 is getting up there in size. No doubt Shrink with the Quality Settings checked will transcode your compilation if it's DVD compliant. It would be a good quick test of your files to see if Shrink will do a quick analysis. If quality is an issue, the free Rebuilder is an encoder option you may want to check out.

4. smash22

smash22 Regular member

ok thanks guys for the advice. I used Imgburn and it worked out great!!! thanks again you guys are great help.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Glad you got-r-done.