1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you boot the magic swap disc????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by psx245, May 10, 2003.

1. psx245

psx245 Regular member

i need help can you explain to me clearly how to boot a backup game using the magic swap disc. The instructions that i have read from websites is too complicating when it gets to the hold eject button part. Please tell me how!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

2. M3gaMan

M3gaMan Member

Its fairly simple...First of you must identify what method you are using. Are you using a no solder-mod chip or a knift trick. Firstly i will describe the precedure use for the no solder mod chip.
    1) Just boot up the magic swap disc (Dvd disc for ps2 dvd game, cd disc for cd ps2 game)
    2) It take you to the screen that says to "insert Disc"
    3) If you have the no solder-modchip, at this moment you hold on the Eject button. (the no solder modchip essentually causes the ps2 to eject without having the ps2 know it did!)
    4) The PS2 will eject and you have about 5 seconds to swap the backup game with the swap magic. (it will close by itself.)
    5) Then finally press the "X" button and the game should load.

If your using the knift trick its practically the same thing. Just that when the swap magic boots up and ask to "insert game" you use the knift trick. (You manually pull the cd tray out and swap the backup with the swap magic). Then just press "X" and your good to go.

3. psx245

psx245 Regular member

hey mega man what is the eject button reset or the button with they arrow on it?

4. M3gaMan

M3gaMan Member

The eject button is on the bottom, It's blue with the arrow pointing up.