1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Burn A PS2 Game To Play On A PS2 Slim?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by jrzofclay, Feb 3, 2005.

1. jrzofclay

jrzofclay Member

I am very new at this. I recently got a PS2 Slim. I've read through so many threads, but they're all all over the place.

My question is how can you make a copy of your PS2 game and burn it onto a CD-R or DVD-R to be able to play it on a ps2 slim? Do you NEED a modchip? I just want to be able to make a copy of the acutal PS2 game and burn it to another disk so I can play without using the acutal real PS2 game disk. Thanks

PS. I know there are a billion threads asking this question, but the threads are so all over the place, it's hard to know what to do. I think the mods should make a tutorial and sticky it so there doesnt have to be so many threads.

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

For dvd-based games, download 'Dvd Decrypter' from this site for free. Put your ps2 original dvd game in dvd-rom/burner drive and open decrypter. Select 'Mode>Iso>read' and read your dvd game to your hdd. Then select 'Mode>Iso>write' and choose the .mds file that it made to burn to dvdr.

Try to burn at 1x or 2x for best results and use quality media. (usually 4x max are best too)

Then you will need either a modchip installed, hdd installed, or Swap Magic discs (with special fliptop, slimtool, tape mod, ghost switch, etc.) for slim pstwo to play them)