1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you burn .avi files to watch on dvd players

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Deman1, May 2, 2005.

1. Deman1

Deman1 Member

I've tried to use nero to burn .avi files but after i encode and convert through nero it will not allow me to burn the file. says that the file is to big. the nero that i have is in dutch or something like that so i am having problems trying to find options to burn the large file on 2 disks. any help would be greatly helpful

2. camstuf

camstuf Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2005
  3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ Deman1 :

just convert your avi to an mpeg 2 compatible file using
    vso divx to dvd (this program will convert it the required dvd movie format) then you can use nero recode 2 or maybe a re author program like tmpeg dvd author to add your menus etc before you burn it to disc with your burning app [bold]NERO[/bold]

JUST curious how big is this avi supposed to be?

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2005
  4. camstuf

camstuf Guest

SVCD's dont play on jack for me, so I only do DVD's; this can take hours to process.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2005
  5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Most encoding used to take for hours but with the improvement of technololgy, these issues have been greatly minimised.Mainconcept mpeg encoder and that of vso divx to dvd can and does accomplish the conversion process of a 700 meg avi file to mpeg 2 compatible format within the space of and hour and a half .The results are very good .I use the vso one and like the batch file option.I use to rave about cucusofts avi2mpeg converter as this was thew one which i mainly used but in the space of 12 months this has been superceeded with something better.You should note however that i havent tried the later versions of cucusoft as you have to pay for them while the current version of vso divx to dvd is free which has a greater allure as it is free

6. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

I thought this was the audio forum...

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

close but no cigar, this is the cdr forum

8. camstuf

camstuf Guest

@andmerr,
    Yes, When I said several hours, I meant that each movie is in two CD's that takes 1 hour each to download, then Un-RAR & ISOBUST; 15 minutes each; convert w/TMPGEnc: 1 hour each; Author w/TMPGEnc DVD Author: 15 minutes each; Burn: 15 minutes each for a total of several hours (5 & 1/2 hours)

[bold]If anyone has a faster process please let me know[/bold]

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

after i have downloaded my movies(avi/divx/xvid/ogm /mpeg1/mpeg2/etc), it takes 1hr to convert per disc.Then if i re author, another 30 mins.Total time 2 and a half hours tops.Cant see how you get 5 and a half hours.

Whats your pc stats?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2005